Options

Alde 3010 Digital Thermostate External Start Setting

Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
Does anyone have the external start option on their Alde?  I can't find any explanation or instructions for it.  The manual doesn't even show it.  I thought I had turned off the Alde.  When I went to put something in the T@B, I noticed the Alde was still generating heat.  The only thing in an 'on' position was the 'external start' (I turned it off now).  I just want to know what it does and why I should have it on...

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    There is a very small green light in the power button on the lower left of the control panel. If it's out, the Alde should be completely off.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    It was out.  The thermostat was turned off.  I had also set the electric and gas settings on the main screen to off...but the Alde was still producing heat.  The only setting that was set to on is the external start pictured above.  I just can't figure out the point of it or any documentation explaining it.
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    My External Start menu page looks just like your photo. My power button switch green light is off and the Alde is complelety off (per my battery monitor). Sounds like something wrong with the Alde.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    seajeeperseajeeper Member Posts: 37

As I understand it, the external start allows the Alde to run without the control panel being on (DC power has to be on).  You must set the parameters (temp/etc.) before turning the control panel power off. 

When External Start is OFF, the Alde only runs when the control panel is on

When the control panel is OFF and External Start is ON:
    EXT = an external contact closure (switch) turns the Alde on
    120V = whenever 120V power is available the Alde turns on

2016 Max S, 2011 Volvo XC60

• Options
    Seajeeper, that sounds exactly like what I've experienced since I do have it plugged in to shore power and External Start was on!  Thanks!  I'm still now sure what the point of it is since if I wanted the Alde to run...I'd turn it on.  At least I know what it does now.  Thanks again!!

• Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited October 2020
    I had this problem this morning. I had set my heat to 75° dry camping, using propane for heat. It was 57° inside this morning when I woke up! The control panel said ext was shut off or I wouldn't have had any idea how to correct this. When I turned it on the heat came on & is working fine. So that's why I would want the ext on, lol. 

Btw, since the heat is up to 73° now (set at 75°) I thought I'd experiment. I turned off the ext and the heat is still on even with the control panel off it seems to be on when I turn the panel back on unlike this morning. Any idea why?  
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ