Options

Nervous drive home

Here's my 2017 Max S. Long time tent camper in Phoenix, Az. here!

Never having hauled a trailer with anything, I was quite anxious. The Outack was a fine tow vechile, though. Backing it in to its parking spot was nerve wracking, but a visiting friend and helpful neighbor provided the encouragement that I needed. 

Comments

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited February 2017
    Welcome Electric! You're repeating our beginning two years ago -- in PHX! One of our favorite places in the East Valley to tent camp, then to T@b camp was Lost Dutchman. Beautiful park, clean restrooms, electric and water hookups, some pull through sites, and online reservations -- you can't go wrong. We moved to the Dallas TX area and are camping here now, but you'll love your little AC unit.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice combo! The backing up part creates anxiety for everyone trying it for the first time. Some close quarters spots still make me nervous. :o  Practice will give you more confidence, so be patient. Congrats, and go have fun! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Excellent! I even thought of moving so I'd have a wider driveway to back into.  =)
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Congratulations! I love your colors, too. We've never towed before, either, and when the day comes and we bring her home it will be a bit nerve wracking I suspect. I've been looking at big parking lots by the dealership to practice in on the way home! Sounds like you did really well! Have fun and keep those pics coming. :-)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    great colors!!! You did great!! Now it's time to plan mods, things you "need" and CAMPING!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome and congratulations! Soon to be some happy t@bbing going on. Let the adventures begin.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    congrats looks great and happy camping!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    Welcome!  Let the fun begin!!!
    My mantra with the T@B is that you only have to get it close... then unhook it and just manually put it where you want.  That is how we get ours in the garage.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Hey electricballroom. Welcome. About your parking-you're supposed to park between the lines not across them. Lol. Just joking. You'll eventually get the backing up thing-it just takes practice. There are a lot of us tabbers here in Phoenix. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)