Options

Furnace Won't Kick In

So, now that I have a new TV I am looking to get out for some camping this weekend.  We were thinking of just dry camping at a nearby winery.  Even though it is 77° today, the overnight low on Saturday is predicted to be 27°. 

I don't know that I have used the furnace in about three years, so went to test it this morning.  My 2012 has a CoolCat and an Atwood furnace.

Per the instructions, you run the fan without gas for five minutes, turn it off, turn on the gas, and then turn it on again and it should kick in in about thirty seconds.  I set the Dometic thermostat to Furnace to turn it on and instead the CoolCat comes on in fan mode.  Nothing from the furnace at all.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    If you have not used the furnace in 3 years it may take longer than 30 seconds for the gas line to refill with propane. Had a similar problem with a previous camper a few years ago. Always took awhile for it to fire when used the first time each season. 
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I have given it several tries and several minutes.  I am thinking I might start the stove, maybe that will help draw fuel into the system.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    kidwarekidware Member Posts: 13
    Make sure the thermostat is ON - it is known to be a very difficult switch to move
    Lou in Seattle
    2012 LG T@B towed with 2004 Suburban
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Same thing happened to me last month in my 2011 with the same set up. I use it so little, that each time it is a completely new experience. So with mine, it was mostly wait and wait and eventually, the furnace will fire up. Patience worked for me...good luck!
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Open it up and see what the fault led's tell you.  (they're down at the bottom of the left hand side of unit beneath the removable cover).  Should tell you the cause of the problem (if there is one).  Look at other postings recently for listing of the LED faults for the hydroflame.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Cyclonic - in the new camper with furnace, I accidentally didn't push the manually thermostat lever all the way to the left and click it off. It was initially a little stubborn. So what happened is that when I turned off the propane to travel, the poor furnace was trying to run. It's internal workings must have shut down the ignitor. So, I get home and start to putz around inside. Turn on furnace... nothing. I knew it was working because it was when we did a walk-around at the dealer and that was just a week prior. User manual was useless. Internet - nada. No fuses were lit (OR LABELED! ack... label maker whipped out). I pulled all fuses and reseated them. I found the furnace one because when I put the 15a fuse back, voila... it started right up.

You might have already fixed the problem and it was something else. I just wanted to let you know that it might have done a reset and needed its fuse taken out and put back in, even though the fuse was (and still is) good.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)