Options

For those towing with a Honda Ridgeline

LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
If you tow with your Honda Ridgeline, what receiver do you have?  I'm having trouble finding one that will be at 16 in.  I can get 15 or 17.5.
Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You can get adjustable ones - I use this one on my Jeep...

• Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    What drops are you using now to get 15 & 17.5?
    Worst case - adjustable hitch ($64 at Canadian Tire) and have it welded at the sweet spot!
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    hymie said:
    What drops are you using now to get 15 & 17.5?
    Worst case - adjustable hitch ($64 at Canadian Tire) and have it welded at the sweet spot!
    I'll check when I go out later today.  I'm thinking that the trailer place (not McKenzies who sold me the t@b) isn't being particularly helpful. I may run by Princess Auto after measuring the Honda and doing the math.  (Our local CT won't have them unfortunately.  Its really small.)

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    You can get adjustable ones - I use this one on my Jeep...

Thank you PXLated.  This may be the solution I use as well.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Princess auto will have them as well. Sorry to hear about the dealer- I had to have a "chat" with the general manager there yesterday as our salesperson has a habit of not responding to emails. Very annoying... Told them I would no longer deal with that person in future.
  • Options
    The problem with adjustable hitches (as PXL has pointed out in other threads) is that they are noisey. I will be using mine to get it home and then buy/adapt a permanent one and save the adjustable for other trailers. Btw Walmart also has a good selection of hitches. YMMV
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Some adjustable hitches are solid steel. Mine weighs 48#. When it arrived, I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    PXL, Are those drops with the pins in 1" increments?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Ratkity I agree completely! This is why we will be replacing with a dedicated one rather than welding it. A bit more c@sh but I can use the adjustable elsewhere. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    ericnliz - thought it was 1" but just measured and it's 1.5".
    Lots of different types of adjustables out there though...

See a bunch of these in campgrounds...

• Options
    hymie said:
    Princess auto will have them as well. Sorry to hear about the dealer- I had to have a "chat" with the general manager there yesterday as our salesperson has a habit of not responding to emails. Very annoying... Told them I would no longer deal with that person in future.
    Which dealer?  (Mckenzies was great.  I just went to a different place for the receiver.)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    PXL, thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Thanks for posting this; we'll also be towing with a Honda Ridgeline. Looking at previous 'hitch' posts, it looks like a 4 inch drop hitch will work. 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    I now own TWO receivers and one is too short and one is too tall. I feel like flippin' Goldilocks. :)  
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    LauraRey, then the third one should be juuuust right! (Couldn't resist!)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red