Options

Glycol Splashing Out of White Jug in Rear of T@B

Hi,  I discovered that the glycol in the white container under the back wood cover is splashing out while in transit.  It runs down the wood back there and I have to wipe it up after every trip. (VERY hard to get to it!) Its not alot, but it shouldn't be splashing out at all. Has anyone else had this issue? I also noticed that the black tubing is kinked in two places where it connects to the jug. It seems to be too long. I will get it looked at when I get it serviced in April, but maybe I can pull it some where it ends to get rid of some of that excess length at the white jug.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited March 2017
    Is the glycol level between the the min/max level lines? Is the cap on tight?
    Any way to get a pic of the hoses?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The clear hose should go to a hole going through the floor in the Alde compartment. If you "mess" with the hose and get the kinks out if it, it should drain excess through the floor.

But, as PXLated noted, check your glycol level--it should never splash out. Is your lid on tight?  Check for cracks in your reservoir.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I will check it again for the things you mention.  Im out of commission today though with a back injury.  I will do a follow up post once im able to back out there.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Feel around the nipple on the bottom of the plastic  resivour for leaks.  The vendor sent out defective units a year or so ago. The leak may actually be coming this area.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Thanks OutbackAZ. I will definitely check that since if I recall from the last time I looked at it back in November, the top was on securely, but I didn't think to check underneath.  
  • Options
    Finally figured out the problem with this...just following up to close the loop.  The hose from the glycol tank to the radiator in the rear of the T@B was installed too long at the factory and it was kinked in two places really bad. I just had it repaired (they removed the tank and shortened the hose) and also the clear tubing that comes out of the top of the tank (vent tube) was pointing downward and that's where the leak was coming from. I emailed NuCamp and they agreed to reimburse me for the hose repair even though I am a year out of warranty. That was super nice of them.  It was obvious it was installed improperly at the factory.