Options

No bath

judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
edited November 2014 in Tips & Tricks
Your comments have been very helpful. Dear husband has me traveling all over our area looking at small travel trailers from Casita to Scamp. We keep coming back to the T@B. He is now suggesting the T@G and wondering what the bathroom/potty suggestions are for those who do not have the bath. My comment is that you will suggest campground facilities.
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    You can buy storable Thetford potties, and in conjunction with those potty trash bags can have something rigged for those middle of the night h0number 1's. We have the bathroom, and try to use the campr0ground whenever possible... ...but once it's bedtime, we stay in the T@b.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    A lot of us women use a Luggable Loo for night use, and the campground facilities during the day.  You can purchase biodegradable, double ziplock bags for them, or buy the Double Dooty or Reliant brand at Walmart.  Zip and toss.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2014
    You can use a Trekker privy tent ($55) That basically pops right up and is standing tall in about 5 seconds.  Then you stake down 4 corners, insert your porti-potti and are good to go.  No running back and forth to the campground facilities, only for the serious business.  I also use my Trekker as a portable shower unit too in conjunction with a Zodi battery operated shower.  I heat some water on my Coleman stove, dump it into a 5 gallon pail and can have a nice shower using about 3 gallons of water.  The Trekker folds down flat and stores in a nylon bag and takes of very little space.  Cabella's has them...  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Mike, that looks very nice.  I wouldn't mind something like that for a shower when I am set in one place for an extended period of time.

Me, I just use the campground facilities or the woods if nature calls in the middle of the night.  The same for Becky.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    It has a zipper about neck high inside and outside that area there is a piece of nylon (a strap of sorts) that is a place to hang a towel and your clothing.  Once done you can reach out, dry off and dress inside.  It's actually a very versatile little structure.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Mike this item is on my list to get, and had seen them in Cabelas catalog and website. Thought this would work great with my T@B's outside shower when campground showers were not available. Has anyone experienced a problem with a campgrounds management using an outside shower like this? I assume one would normally only use it in remote dry camping.  
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have one as well.  Came in handy at Death Valley on my first trip.  Just leave the trekker in the bottom of the storage area (doesn't take up much space) and grab it when I'm at a location that is far from facilities.
  • Options
    Mike, my husband Mike suggested this. Jimbo, we are doing major research and haven't purchased our first LG. Taking things slow, but I did communicate with some nice campgrounds down south. 1. Nothing under 20' allowed into their campgrounds, and/or..2. If allowed, no tent facilities not attached or a part of the RV.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I tend to use state campgrounds whenever possible (on my last long trip, I stayed in state facilities in 10 states and all were really great).  None of the public sites had an issue with a small tent.  I actually travel often with a friend that tent camps when we go out and we always set up both in the same campsite).  
  • Options
    judymac,
    .I have read about and the campgrounds that have restrictions based on the RV type and size etc. Perhaps I should clarify my question.  My concern was if you use something like a Trekker that Michigan Mike posted for our consideration. And used it as an outside shower enclosure and subsequently created a very wet spot, had anyone had a problem/complaint form the campground management regarding this? 
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Around here the water disposal would be a problem.  You can't just dump the shower water on the ground.  I have a tent like that, but it's used for the Luggable Loo and for changing clothes.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I suspected that might be an issue for showers. I do not need to use it to contain a porta potti type containment solution or for clothes changing as I can accommodate that inside the trailer. Probably just use common sense &
     courtesy to the next campsite user and I won't have a problem..
  • Options
    I understand Jimbo. I tend to rush thru forums and should slow down. I actually asked a dealer about the grey water from a T@G as we are close to our decision on the model. We weren't seeing a grey tank and I asked about the discharge. His reply was, 'drain on the ground', or we could use a catch bucket. I personally want to pack as little as possible if/when we take our first trip, but I don't want to stand in a puddle if not necessary.

• Options
    I happen to have the grey water holding tank on my unit. However, I would suggest you purchase a portable holding tank. These are available with or without wheels in various sizes and have a hose connection option to connect your grey water output directly to. Then you can carry or roll the portable holding tank to a dump station. Keep in mind that water is about 8 lbs per gallon so purchase a portable tank that can be managed when full. The catch bucket will of course work but transporting this to the appropriate dumping location would be an issue. Just a suggestion, a used and cleaned out 5-gallon plastic paint can with the lid on has a small pour spot and might work well for this application. If you can handle carrying about 40 lbs to a dump station this might be a less expensive solution. Also if you have or obtain one of those small folding wheeled dollies you could use it to move either type of holding tank. I do not recall how high the grey water output connection on T@B is from the ground so if it's lower than the input into the paint can I suggested it could be a problem. The portable holding tanks for this application lay flat on the ground to resolve the height issue. Anyway that's my 2-cents worth, hope it helps. 
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Another option is to purchase a grey water tank adapter (Camping World) that will accommodate a garden hose fitting.  I hooked up the adapter and the hose and drained it to a small Playmate cooler, because I too, had trouble accommodating a bucket under the grey water tank drain.  I then disposed of the grey water in the appropriate dump station location.  It's a little bit of work, but it keeps you in conformance with campground regulations.     >:D<
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Thanks, Wanderoo. We chose the T@B with holding tank. Loved the T@G , but this probably suits us better.

• Options
    Thanks, Jimbo. I think we have it solved. Your suggestions and info have been very helpful.

• Options
    Your welcome glad that the info helped. Wanderoo's suggestion is still something you may want to get even with the holding tank. This gives you the ability to drain some or all of the grey water from the holding tank and not have to break camp and take the trailer to a dump station if you are on an extended stay and discover your grey water tank is full. I actually use one of these on the 5th wheel I live in permanently in my back yard and have one stored in the T@B just in case the need arises. I picked up my adaptors at Wal Mart.