First full setup

dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
San Clemente State Beach
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited March 2017
    Congrats - Looks like all went well.
    Thanks @PXLated.....not exactly minimalist
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    It all looks so cozy and relaxing! Is the campfire propane, and if so, which brand? I've been looking at the Little Red Campfire set although there are less pricey ones out there, too. Anything you would recommend doing differently? I'm taking tips here. :-)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    It all looks so cozy and relaxing! Is the campfire propane, and if so, which brand? I've been looking at the Little Red Campfire set although there are less pricey ones out there, too. Anything you would recommend doing differently? I'm taking tips here. :-)
    This is the comparable current model....we love it and it's worked flawlessly https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YE1FWA/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1490584521&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=firepit+portable+propane
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    dsatwork, Looks like 'ya got it figured out! Have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Nice, cozy set-up.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Looks very seasoned!  Was the awning a breeze to set up?  What were your temperatures?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    SAM said:
    Looks very seasoned!  Was the awning a breeze to set up?  What were your temperatures?

Awning slid right in to the keder rail....guess I didn't need to make a special trip to the hardware store for silicone spray. Temps are mid sixties today and partly cloudy. Hopefully there will be enough sun to cook my chicken in the solar oven. Overnight temps were in the low fifties...perfect sleeping weather.
    ericnliz said:
    Except for the part where we froze everything in the fridge
    'Ya must have been on shore power. Had the same thing happen to me with full hook-ups, and first time using the fridge on shore power. Good part is that eventually it thaws out, as opposed to the opposite, and having to throw it out when it's not cold enough. Dalehelman did a pretty cool digital read-out thermostat for his fridge that you can read from outside the fridge. Might give him a shout & check it out. The install looked pretty straight forward & simple. ( I know, another mod to add to the growing list, huh?  ;))
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    We did have the little red camp fire. Up here in the PNW we really need something that will put out more heat so we sold it.  Of course more heat means more  propane.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Dale, or more wood!  ;) I still enjoy a good old fashioned campfire, and Liz is a smore fanatic! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    dsatwork said:
    ericnliz said:
    Except for the part where we froze everything in the fridge
    Yes...my poor strawberries & lettuce!

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
    We did have the little red camp fire. Up here in the PNW we really need something that will put out more heat so we sold it.  Of course more heat means more  propane.
    I think the one we use is larger and may put out more heat. It has always kept us toasty and warm ☺

Strawberries thaw, lettuce...history! :s One reason I keep my beer in a cooler, don't mind a "light beer slushy", but froze, not so much! :o Great place for Fireball though, right next to the fins too! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

ericnliz said:
    Strawberries thaw, lettuce...history! :s One reason I keep my beer in a cooler, don't mind a "light beer slushy", but froze, not so much! :o Great place for Fireball though, right next to the fins too! =)
    Hum...a beer slushy on a super hot day sounds kinda good!

Sandiegogal, Yup! I've been known to grab some dry ice to put in the coolers on longer, extended stays. Gotta be REAL careful how close 'ya put the beer to that stuff! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

ericnliz said:
    Sandiegogal, Yup! I've been known to grab some dry ice to put in the coolers on longer, extended stays. Gotta be REAL careful how close 'ya put the beer to that stuff! :o

ericnliz said:
    In Batman terms...Kapowy! 

:o:s=)  
    Spokane, Wa.