Making TV sound come thru the Jensen Stereo system

CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 123
edited December 2014 in Products and Accessories
I think I read some place on the forum a way to make the TV sound come thru the stereo system but I can't locate it now.  Can anyone tell me what settings one needs to make this happen?
Thanks
Carolyn
2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Comments

• deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
       I know it can be done. A person switched a few plug in cables from side of tv to different spots. Then turned on Jensen player to aux. TV  sounded great coming out of rear speakers.  I did not write down what was done  but will be going to little guy factory on another matter next week. Will find out and post to you if you haven't had a response by then.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 123
    Thanks, deputy dog.  It appears that none else has information on this so I would appreciate you posting when you find out.
    Carolyn
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Carolyn,  Will do. Going to Little Guy factory Thursday.  Will post right after that.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

CAROLYN,            O Red                          These color cable wires placed in same color outlets that match cables  1. Jenson sound syst. power on.

O White            2.  Aux  button pressed in.  Viola,  sound from TV and rear speakers. Sounds like stereo

.                                                                                                        

O

O  Yellow                                         (SIDE VIEW OF TV WITH CABLES)

O                                                                                                                                                                                 

O

O

O

O

Carolyn,                O  Red                                      Proper picture of amount of inlets.  To many last post but correct order

O White       

O

O

O Yellow

Carolyn,  This last picture of Tv is correct. Difficult drawing without picture.      O Red

O White

O

O

O Yellow

O

If your confused, Follow only 5;24 last post

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Deputydog, can you draw it on paper and take a photo of the drawing to post?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    I am not able to. Barely can use computer. Too Old School. :)  The last drawing is the one that is accurate on my 2015 T@B TV Jenson.    The Last post is to be read vertical from top to bottom. all color outlets can be seen, start at top.     1. Red cable into red outlet.   2. White cable into White outlet. 3.Skip next two outlet  colors. 4. Yellow cable into Yellow outlet.   Done,  Last outlet is black and is left empty.        Turn Jenson system on.  Press Aux.  Sound from TV and rear speakers now sounds like stereo.   Adjust sound from remote and Jensen Volume control.     Hope this is understandable. Go slow and you can follow directions.  Good Luck  Deputydog.

Possible someone that is successful following my directions can take picture to post.

Yes, here's hoping a T@B owner can help. I'm an Admin/Moderator from the LG side and I don't have this equipment on my Silver Shadow.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • RetAFRetAF Member Posts: 13
    I believe that the sound is already configured to heard thru the rear speakers in the 2015 model. I was messing around with mine in the garage the other day and if I remember the sound did come from the speakers.
    my 2014 Clam Shell does not have the yellow cable and I am not sure how one would go about hooking one into the system.
  • PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    Carolyn, The yellow cable is video. You must be getting it through the antenna input. PhotoJoe
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389

Here are a few questions to get you started:

• Do you have the correct "source" selected on the Jensen?
    • Do you have the correct source selected on the TV?
    • Have you changed the settings on the TV to mute sound coming through the TV (in TV set-up menu under audio)?

Here are some photos of my TV settings, if it helps.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thanks Jenn and Photojoe for your help.  I will try these suggestions.
    Carolyn
  • SailTabSailTab Member Posts: 18
    I took a pigtail that had male connectors like earphone plugs on each end. Plugged one into the eear phone jack on the tv and the other to the aux in on the stereo. Bingo.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Here is another way you can stream music from your smart phone to your TV. 

Chromecast
     is a digital media player developed by Google. The device, a 2.83-inch (72 mm) HDMI dongle, plays audio/video content on a high-definition display by directly streaming it via Wi-Fi from the Internet or a local network.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52
    Carolyn said:
    I think I read some place on the forum a way to make the TV sound come thru the stereo system but I can't locate it now.  Can anyone tell me what settings one needs to make this happen?
    Thanks
    Carolyn
    Carolyn-not sure if you found the solution to the TV sound coming through the speakers, but try this, push the left knob in (might need to push up and down, not continually) on the Jensen until you get to 'fade' then go for the 'O' and your speakers should project your audio from the TV.  Wish I had a better description, but with some luck this might work.  It worked for me as one speaker was mute and this maneuver did the trick.  ;p
    Seattle, Wa
  • mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    So I finally had the time to check out the connections on the TV to determine how they set it up on my 2015 S model. The yellow cable is video in and is connected to the output of the stereo/ DVD player. The red and white are audio out and are connected to the Aux in on the stereo. When playing a DVD the audio plays through the steero only. The audio from the TV is connected to the stereo as the internal TV speakers are a bit small and have limited range.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
    Mike, I picked up a Miracast device, which is similar to Chromecast, except Chromecast limits you to proprietary Android stuff, pretty much. Miracast will actually wireless display your screen from your device (tablet, phone, or laptop) to your TV. Most modern devices (Android, Windows, and Windows Phones) come standard with Maracas functionality now, except Apple, because they went you to use their stuff. The advantage is that you are not limited to apps from the store, only, you can project anything, like Office, PDFs, photos, videos, apps, maps, etc. What I really like is that if I am web browsing I can easily watch a YouTube video all from my tablet. I use the wireless display adapter made by Microsoft and it works far better than other Miracast devices I have tried.  I love projecting maps onto a bigger screen.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
    For those having trouble getting the audio output from the TV to play thru the stereo, I found the following issue on my T@B CS-S with two TV's.  The exterior TV worked fine, however the interior TV would not. I found that the audio source coming from the interior TV to the stereo was hooked to an audio output (needs to be an input) on the back of the stereo. I moved the connection to an AUX audio input on the stereo and all worked well. 
    Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or
  • SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Bgkirk, I gather you had to take the stereo out to determine where to connect the wiring???
  • BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
    I did. A plastic trim piece comes off very easily from around the the edge of the radio, then four screws are visible. Remove the screws and the radio will slide out for inspection.
    Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or
  • mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Good to know. I was wondering how to check the connections on the audio system. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
        jkjenn:  Regarding the television sound to rear speakers.  Your information is spot on.  Thank you very much TV sounds GREAT.  Deputydog

FYI, I stumbled across this video that I added to the T@b playlist I created that walk folks through the process lf turning off sound from the TV and sending it through the speakers.

I have followed suggestions and now have sound coming thru the speakers but I can only get sound on the outside tv (on a clam shell) if the inside tv is on? What can I do to fix this?
    Carolyn, your sound system has a setting for A, B or C.  These are your speakers.  Play with it to see which setting is for which....and if you're like me, write it down so you'll remember it for next year!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Verna, I have tried that but still must have inside tv powered on fir the sound to come thru the back speakers.