Options

Sewer Hose Travel Bag

Just purchased a Sewer Hose Travel Bag from Camping World for about $13.00.    It has ventilation will hold 20 foot of sewer hose and other accessories needed for cleaning the sewer line before storing it.  Fits underneath in storage or you can store it in the shower area when traveling.  No smell, clean, no dripping with sewer hose end covers on the line.  Hope this helps.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Don't stuff it too full--it tears easily. Voice of experience....and duct tape doesn't stick to it well ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I've had to get a second sewer hose to reach the dump in my neighbor's yard where I'm "camping" temporarily. Had installed the sewer container on the side of my tongue (aka Verna's "hack") and now need another thing to store this second hose in...had eyed that bag at CW and couldn't tell if it would hold this hose (15') - thanks for that info and also I'll be careful since it tears easily!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Is it the same bag meant for water hoses?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options

jkjenn said:

Is it the same bag meant for water hoses?

Jenn, the cashier in Camping World was appalled that I intended one of the two bags to be for my fresh water hose and various attachments. I marked the zipper pull with blue tie wraps for fresh water and red on the sewer hose/connection zipper pull. It makes perfect sense to me and I rarely need the extras in the sewer bag, but they are there in the red tagged bag if I need them. 

So, just make sure YOU know the difference and you'll be fine. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Was she afraid you would mix them up? Lol. Yeah, I wouldn't even have them is the same locations but color coding also makes sense.I 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DockguyDockguy Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2017
    The Camping World sewer bag can hold up to 20 ft of hose with the end caps.  I put the loose end caps in a plastic freezer bag first.   I also purchased a clean water hose bag for my clean drinking hose.  Camping World also has a sewer hose spray nozzle to attach to a red sewer hose to spray out your sewer line before you leave and is not expensive for another hose bag.  Good Sam Club bags are .$6.00 at Camping World and they have zippers, and are waterproof.  I think this will solve the sewer hose storage issues in my T@B for now.
  • Options
    I think I have a couple of those bags in my basement that I did not use. I rinse the hose out with my Flush King and that works splendidly, too.

• Options
    PaulaPaula Member Posts: 6
    These work well, too. https://goo.gl/5X4Fkg
    2016 T@b Max S--Houston TX
    TV: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    JeepjkJeepjk Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Hello! I built a storage tube for my T@b Outback sewer line using 3 feet of 4" ABS and two 4" end caps.  One is glued, while the other is snug fit.  I drilled a hole in the loose one and added a rope loop to pull the cap off.  I notched the tube both sides to accommodate the hose fitting that connects to the sewer dump. I've also installed a 90 degree fitting on the dump end that fits the tube.  The flange connector is stored separate for now.  The sewer line is rinsed and drained before storing. The tube fits the Yakima rack on the back and is secured with two bungee cords.  

We we got our T@b last year and did five remote camping trips before winter set in.  There was never any issues dumping the tanks.  Black first, then grey, then rinse and drain.  Before this, I was storing the hose in a black garbage bag, in the propane battery compartment.  I think with a bit more fiddling, I will come up with a good way to store the flange and the gloves together.  Guess we will find out if this is a viable alternative.  I've got me eye on that front space on the trailer reach others have adapted for sewer line storage as a possible spot to install a 2KW inverter.  
  • Options
    I apologize, i used 4" ABS not 3".  
  • Options
    Admin note: I edited your post to reflect the correct size of PVC. You can actually edit your own post. Click on the gear at the upper right of your post, click on edit, make your changes and then be sure to save your changes. It's easy!

Verna
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna
    Thank you! I'm new at this, so your help is much appreciated.  Took me awhile to figure how to sign out at first.  Lots of good ideas on this, and I hope to provide my insight as time goes on.