Options

Anyone sleep more than 2 in their T@B?

mdebiasimdebiasi Member Posts: 2
I'm considering purchasing a T@B S and looking to hear from people who sleep more than 2 in it.   In my case we are a family of 3 with a soon to be 6yr old.     For the time being I think the king bed in the S will work but down the road I will need other options.  I saw it's possible to build a bunk but out of wood that someone posted on YouTube a few years back.   Any other ideas?     I'd love to hear peoples experiences.     I love the look and size of the T@B and don't really want anything bigger.   Also like the fact that it seems easy to tow and set up.    T@B 400 is nice but will be much more expensive once they start making their way to the dealers.

Comments

• Options
    FantabulousFantabulous Member Posts: 4
    I saw a post of a guy that built a bunk in his T@b and had like 3 or 4 kids up there! Blew my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlA2zJB-bhI

• Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    My wife and I have spent a few nights with both of us and our 18 month old grandson in our T@B S Max. We have plenty of room.  We will have to consider the alternatives when another grandchild comes along though.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The whole bunk idea just seems like a bad idea to me, maybe because it makes me feel claustrophobic. I just picture a kid getting sick all over everyone or wetting the bed and having it leak down on mom and dad - yuck.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Some people use the front tent addition as a second attached room. Works for extra sleeping room or for large pets, etc. They sell the through the Teardrop Shop.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105

We have 2 l05lb dogs and the king size is great. the Queen at home now needs upgraded!

Attached tent room and a cot?

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    We are a family of 4 and we all fit in the bed with plenty of room. We had considered building a bunk for the boys, but the only decent bunk construction we could find would was for 1. This photo shows what could be done as your single child grows older. By the time the child is old enough to sleep in the bunk, they won't be wetting the bed or getting sick in bed any more than an adult would. This I think woul be a viable option.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sorry, @mdebiasi, with the forum changes,.I can't post a photo from my phone as I used to, it seems. Maybe at a later date.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah!
  • Options

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2017
    We sleep 4 in our clamshell!

Ok I should probably qualify that; we have 2 year old twins that sleep between us.

We anticipate using the add-on tent with sleeping bags when they get a little older  ;)
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    mdebiasimdebiasi Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the feed back.    Sounds like the king bed in a T@B S will work for a few years and then later on either a single bunk above or a add-a-tent.   I believe the clam shell is a queen size only.  
  • Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    I've built two different bunk beds, and both work with different disadvantages.  Our son is now almost 5' tall, and while he fits in the bunk, we have decided to upsize to the t@b 400.  Its feeling a little tight with an almost adult sized child added!  We'll be selling our 2015 Max S with or without the bunks.  Where are you?  I might be able to get one of the bunks to you, we are in the Pacific Northwest.

In both cases I altered an existing cot to fit onto wood supports that slide in next to the cushions.  Much less weight than a solid board, and both options collapse for travel and storage.

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    The clamshell mattress is actually several inches shorter than a queen.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    We all slept in the big bed when 2 grandkids were small, then just carried a small tent along with us when they got bigger. Kids preferred their "own room" anyway!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Agree with the separate tent for the kids, and grandkids. When we were tent campers, we had a very large tent, and took both kids & grandkids throughout the years. One year we bought one smaller tent and set it up in close proximity to the large one for two of the kids. They loved it. Now, when they go with us, we set up the attached side tent, and everybody is happy. Not only gives you a little more space in the trailer, but now the youngsters have a "tent" of their own. Still to this day we take, and set up the smaller tent if they want a little more independence from Papa & Grandma.  Either way, a lot of cherished times camping, and a lifetime of blessed memories! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105

paulhw said:

Wow.  And I am worried about taking our 55lb dog.  What a wimp am I !

2 105lb dogs with us!
  • Options
    TiffanyTiffany Member Posts: 9
    Wow this thread is great... we're about to purchase the T@b Max S, in part because of the almost king sized bed for my husband and I, along with our toddler. We'll either add a bunk or the side tent as she gets older. Good luck!