Options

Bird "poo" stain (after cleaning)

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
Uh oh - I just noticed some bird (or birds) decided to "go" over the the back of my T@B (several areas) and it had dripped several "lines" as it ran down. I immediately used water first to dislodge the areas, then cleaned it (came off fairly easily so I don't think it was on there very long). But now I see it has stained (not super noticeable but definitely there). I have a white/turquoise trim and this is on the white area. Googled it and one YouTube posting said to use a "waterless metal polish" (he used in on a truck). But before I get anything, thought I'd ask other T@bbers if someone can recommend a product that will get the stain out. Thanks.
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I'd be very careful with anything I'd use on the trailer surface.  You can easily mar the finish and if it were me I might try a small amount of GooGone on it, let it sit for a few minutes and lightly rub it with a soft cloth and see if that does anything.  They say bird drippings are acidic and I know they come by here and stain things with purple poop after eating berries.  

Miguires makes a bird and spider cleaner too  so if you can find that you might want to try that as well.  Just be gentle with the surface of the trailer as the paint is thin and you can dull it with too much rubbing action as I have been there and done it on one of my earlier trailers.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ