Options

Winterization by PV factory

If you are planning to pick up a new Tab and immediately camp (like we are), you will be pleased to know that the current method to winterize by the factory is to blow out the lines and use RV antifreeze in the traps and tank valves.  This will make it easier to flush the system and sanitize.  No pink stuff in the fresh water tank, less water to flush the pink stuff.  Here you go Verna.  Info per Austin at PV.
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    That's good to know. I sure wish the dealers did that, too! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @SAM, Thanks for sharing the info. Makes me smile to see folks go out of their way to help others here out! :)
    Thank you, Eric
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Thank you, @SAM, and thanks for making the call!  Austin is great young man, full of great info!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Welcome Verna.  Now, one more question:  are there fresh water hoses provided at dump stations, or do you provide your own?  
  • Options
    Fresh water - you always provide your own so you can be sure they are clean. Not all dump stations have potable (fresh) water. Look for the sign. 

Not all dump stations provide a hose for the non-potable water. Check Amazon or Camping World for a "Water Thief" that allows you to press a hose end onto a hose without a hose screw on end. I carry a 5' black hose and a 15' gray hose, just in case. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Thanks.  I guess you would only use the non-potable water to rinse your sewer drains and black tank.  
  • Options
    Correct, @SAM
    Verna, Columbus, IN