Options

Can someone share the settings to watch a DVD?

I can get the audio through the Jensen speakers but no picture. Also wa
hat is the configuration of the rca cables on the side of the tv? The red and white receptacles are easy to spot but I am not certain about the yellow?
thanks
2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Just checked my RCA wires.  Have four inputs: Red, White, Yellow and Black.  The black is unused.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    Is it red at yhe top with white next and then skip one or two receptacles before yellow?
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    RCA inputs on side of television from top to bottom: Red, White, Yellow and Black.
  • Options
    My 2014 CS did not come with the black ( other than the coax). I have had it working in the past but since the bracket gave way and it fell I have not been able to get everything plugged in correctly to get video.
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    Did you set the television source?
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    Yes, I tried all sources
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Hi Carolyn.
    On your remote, you will select the red TV to use the remote to control your TV and press blue DVD and aim at the Jenson to control the DVD (FF, Pause, Speaker volume, etc)

To play a DVD, put in the DVD in the Jensen, the DVD will begin to load. Press red TV on remote once and aim at left side of TV where the IR eye is. Push them "Source" button on the remote located between the CH and VOL buttons. A pop-up  will appear on the screen, and continue to tap the source button until AV (stands for Audio Video system, the Jensen) is highlighted. Then press "Enter' on the remote, the round button. The movie should appear on the screen.

The other Sources can be selected to plug in your laptop for example with HDMI cable or a VGA cable. There is also a USB to look at photos or other supported media, and headphone jacks. 

Hope it works! 
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    I have tried that and still get "no signal"
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    edited April 2017
    @Carolyn, if you've already tried this, I apologize; but, since the TV fell off, it's very possible that it damaged the cable -particularly the yellow cable- and that might be the problem. If it's possible, since you have good sound coming through to the TV, swap the red or the white cable with the yellow cable at both the TV and the Jensen. You would have to be able to reach the back of the Jensen which I haven't tried to do yet and don't know how. Alternately, you could try swapping the cable completely with a good one if you had it (outside the walls of course). Just to check. I've had lots of cables and lead wires look perfectly good but are broken inside tje insulation. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    It's very easy to access the back of the Jensen - just remove the four wood screws on each corner of the unit's face.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Carolyn, I never could get my Jenson entertainment center and TV to play DVD's.

I went the simple route when my coaxial cable broke off the TV's main circuit board. I bought a new TV from Amazon, a 19" Axess, that has a built-in DVD player. It works wonderfully, easily and no more of the " it's supposed to work!" syndrome!  

I tried moving the input cables, tried every setting, nothing allowed me to play DVD's. It's easy on my new TV. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
     Carolyn do work runtsrooti says above but before you do that turn both of them off. Then turn tv on, source AV, put disc in Jensen (it will auto turn on). 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    When the TV fell to the floor the yellow cable was damaged. I did replace it with a new cable. I was really only able to get the dvd to work one time prior to the tv falling. I have tried all of the above with no luck. I am not sure which hole to plug the yellow cable into but have tried all of them.
  • Options
    When you say you replaced the yellow cable - did you replace the entire cable from the back of the Jensen unit to the television?  That would have been a monumental task.  Definitely try runtarooni's suggested troubleshooting of removing the Jensen from the cabinet, then swapping out the cables at that unit and the television.
  • Options
    BTW, there are several YouTube videos on "How to Repair RCA Cables."  To find a computer geek in your neighborhood, just look for a ham radio antennae or ask around for any 35 year old still living in their parent's basement.
  • Options
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    On my TV, on the side, the top 2 RCA jacks Red and White are audio out to hook-up an external speakers. Below those two is the bank of input jacks Red White Yellow and black headphone. The yellow carries the video signal.
    Sorry if you already know this.
    HDMI cables are so much easier, carries all the signals in 1 hi-def cable.
    The suggestion from Mark to run a different wire from yellow jack to yellow jack directly from the Jensen to the TV is a good test to see if it's the wire.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Just thought of this.  Mark down the make and model of your television (should be on a sticker on the back).  Then simply Google the manufacturer's website.  Download the owner's manual.  That should tell you which RCA jack goes to which input.
  • Options
    I replaced the entire cable from the tv to the Jensen. It really wasn't much trouble. I am now wondering if my tv was damaged when it fell because one of the receptacles on the side of the tv protrudes more than others. Thanks to everyone for your help.
  • Options
    I have finally given up getting the dvd to work. Inthink I may have a damaged receptacle. When I had the Jensen apart I noticed that there was an HDMI port on the back. Has anyone connected an HDMI instead of the rca cables?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited April 2017
    Carolyn, yes, I've used the hdmi port. You just have to select "source" on the television when you put a dvd in the player. Please remember the Jensen units only take regular dvds. No bluray or HD dvds.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    In my opinion, the HDMI is the best way to go.
  • Options
    Carolyn - when you say you ran a new RCA cable, did you run it through the walls (from the back of the Jensen, under the shower, then to the white plastic box behind the television)?  If so, how difficult was that?
  • Options
    We don't have a shower so it was just through the corner cabinet and into the back of the Jensen. Easy