Options

Sleeping arrangements

webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
Not knowing the width of the seating bench, can it be used comfortably as a twin size bed, ie: without making up the bed?
2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut

Comments

• Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    edited April 2017
    It is pretty narrow.  Maybe for a child.  Just measured: 20.5 inches wide
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There's some really good photos on the forum of different ways other owners have configured their T@Bs for twin beds. If you do a search for twin beds, I'm sure photomom's link and others will come up. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @webers3, that is one awesome schematic :) I'm a very visual person - don't get me started on pie charts verses bar charts!

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Thank you @Ratkity, and thank you @Verna, found the thread.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    My first look inside a T@B was an older Gentlemans rig. He had tossed the bulky table and used a floor pedastal and a small round top. He had 1 8" wide slat at the rear of the "U" and had his bed set up perpendicular or left to right.
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I detached the bottom and back cushions from each other.   When you remove the back cushion, it is the size of a cot, which works well enough for me if another person is along.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Hmm... in looking at the schematic, you'd have to drop the back bench to get proper length. Once that's dropped, unless maybe it is a mobility issue, I think you might be better off turning sideways and sleeping wheel to wheel which I think is around 70"x40" and would give you twice the width.

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017