West Coast sponsored event?

2»

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Thanks, but no thanks. I'm having too much fun doing other stuff!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409

Verna said:

I don't  blame you, but you would be a national.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    I learned my lesson during my over 39 years with the phone company. Now I just wanna have fun and not be tied down!  I try something new as often as I can.  Such as, the turkeys are waiting for me in the woods--gotta go!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yup, That works too! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Verna said:

I think I'm National now, @Dalehelman ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409

Verna said:

Verna said:

I think I'm National now, @Dalehelman ;)

Sorry I  meant a "Natural"
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Verna herds dogs, ta@bbers, maybe even cats. I think herding is a transferable skill. Sunny Day is probably a sheep dog in disguise.

She could judge timed field trials at a T@B rally-backing into a difficult site, changing a tire, finding the hidden blown fuse, imagine the fun!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Verna and Dale!  You two could move mountains!  I just love the ideas that come out when people start discussing, "What if...".  I am all for a West Coast Eventand a T@B owners organization.
    @Verna - You really do need to find a way sometime to come to Spokane!  We really are just too much fun!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

@Verna, I'll even throw in the BBQ of your choice! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

Chicken, and similar to Sweet Baby Ray's with Honey. 

The last time I was near Spokane was in June 2011 and it was snowing and sleeting!  

I don't think I ever told you I actually worked in Seattle for two months in early 1977 as a business telephone installer. The city was growing too fast and it was impossible to train their techs on new equipment. 30 of us from the Midwest "volunteered to help". I have an extremely nice letter from my supervisor there complimenting me. It's hanging on the wall with other telephone memorabilia. 

It was great!  It was a drought year and the only time it rained was the weekend I went home for a 3-day weekend. It was amazing how the work was the same (10 different colors of wire in 25 combinations and it's still that way!), but how the customers used certain features we rarely used in Indiana and vise versa. We normally worked 6 day work weeks and only had one day a week to site see.  I had to wait until 2011 to finally go up in the Space Needle observation deck--it was even better after waiting all that time!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    edited June 2017
    @Verna, I'll do even better than that...How 'bout chicken 3 ways? Your way, beer butt chicken ( only we use 7UP, or SPRITE with a lemon, garlic powder, and lemon pepper seasoning), and my own stand-by..chicken breasts marinated in Italian salad dressing with a few of my own spices thrown in. Any way 'ya do it, melts in yer mouth good stuff! A little cole slaw, 'tater salad, some macaroni salad, baked beans, couple pies, chocolate cake, and beverage of yer choice!
    By the way, no snow, or sleet. ( I had good seats in the 2011 episode!) 75* average right now with the highs hitting the low 90's. Come on over & join the fun!!! =)
    (and, if it does get cold, I have a fire pit, and a chimenia) ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

Have you tried beer butt chicken with Coca Cola Classic? Good!!!!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna, No, haven't gone that route yet. I'll have to try that one. I've also done it with orange soda, with orange slices inside...YUMM! Just can't seem to get myself to use beer.....(falls under the alcohol abuse act, kinda like usin' whiskey to marinate beef :s)
    Spokane, Wa.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Verna, I'll vouch for @ericnliz BBQ skills, chimenia, and he forgot to mention the misters over the awnings for hot days. I'll double vouch for Liz's now famous 3 day chocolate cake! I lived in Seattle in '77, too. We moved here in 2002, visit family there once or twice a year, and can't wait to leave the traffic there now and get home! My mom was visiting for Easter once when DD was younger and she got to experience a local Easter Egg hunt in the snow! We love the four seasons here! Actually, they are really the seasons of camping, camping, camping, and dreaming about camping!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart, Note: still workin' on the "ski" mod for snow campin'! =)
    By the way, the misters were a self preservation mod for the all day southern exposure, especially the one over the BBQ gazebo! Not only that, but the bonus to those (misters) is that the hummingbirds love 'em on hot days!
    Spokane, Wa.

• dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    "Verna" is a natural EMBASSITOR to Nu Camp and advocates for us.  Plus she travels the U.S.  She is already doing the job.  I would place my vote here if she would take on the official responsibility.
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    I should have read from the top of this.  If I worked for the phone company I wouldn't want another job either!

Maybe T@BAZONA could have Nu Camp make its presence know and that could be a West Coast event.
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

Wow, It's been a while since this one was brought up! Still interested in making this happen, and more ideas would be helpful. I know a lot of local events happen, and our East meets West Washington event at Lincoln Rock is not very far off. The interest in this event last year was awesome, and hopefully even more so this year. A few of us have discussed this event already, and will make every effort to make it even more successful than last year. I can only vouch for myself, but I can tell you it was a blast to attend. Meeting new folks, putting faces to names, sharing modification ideas, and problem solving were only a few of the "perks" to the event. The potluck was a huge success, and again I personally want to thank all the contributors, both monetarily, and for sharing all the great food as well. I can only hope that some more of these events ( a little closer to home for some of us) can, and will be organized. I know the one at Fort Worden (Port Townsend) is coming up, and if Liz had any more leave time, we would most certainly attend. Unfortunately, T@bazona is not something that we could attend, but looks like a well organized, fun event. Traveling at that time of year is just simply not an option for us for quite a few reasons. For those of you that cannot attend the nuCamp events,or other events around the country, (for whatever reason) I would strongly urge you to try to organize events closer to where you live. You might be pleasantly surprised how much interest there is! Keep the ideas rolling in, and please know that nuCamp is aware that we'd like events a little closer to happen. Untill then...CAMP ON! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I think outside of the Midwest they need dealer participation, for an event like that.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
    @dsatwork, Agree, and one would think someone would step up to the plate. It would make really good business sense to do so. Perhaps instead of participating in some of these "RV" shows, sponsor an event showcasing different models at the event. In my humble opinion, it would only directly benefit the dealer(s) having actual owners on site for active buyers to not only chat with, but get different perspectives on the different models at the event.
    Spokane, Wa.

• foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    A local dealer here sponsors a Texas Tiny Trailer Rally twice a year and it looks like a great event.  They define "tiny" as anything under 2000 pounds but anyone is welcome.  Great opportunity for the dealer to showcase T@Bs and T@Gs, along with other small trailers they sell.  Educational opportunities, entertainment, etc.  I am attending my first one in October.  

2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Princess Craft is the best! I'm hoping to make one of those rallys. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I think something like 40 spots have been taken for the NorCal rally in October. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350

T@Bazona has a committee of volunteers who help stage the event each year (this is our third).  Last year we had 87 people and 60 trailers.  We elect a facilitator to coordinate everyone's duties.  We all agreed this position should go to a new person each year in order to keep new ideas flowing and prevent one person from making the event his/her fiefdom. The committee discussed having a rally in a nearby state and is open to the idea of morphing T@Bazona into more of a regional event.  However, having NuCamp sponsor a West Coast rally would be the ideal solution. The biggest obstacle we've had is finding a suitable location that can hold 60 plus trailers with full hook-ups.  If anyone out there is interested in discussing this off-line, contact Cindy our facilitator at tabazona2018@gmail.com or PM her on this forum.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    @Tabaz , Thanks for the info on how you folks stage your events. I agree with the biggest obstacle being a facility to accommodate in excess of 50 or more trailers with access to full hook-ups. State fairgrounds have been discussed ( @Verna I believe mentioned that one, or @Dalehelman). Still kinda kicking around some ideas, and more research would need to be made for an event the size I believe it will turn out to be. Again, thanks for the input, it was appreciated! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

I understand why you would want full hookups and want too whenever I can, but I don't think they had them at the NuCamp event.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
    We had water and electric at all sites, and a porta-potty drain truck came by twice to pump out our gray and black tanks. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Just saying that a "Nucamp hosted event" doesn't necessarily need full hook-ups. Obviously if us Tabbers are putting it together, like Tabazona, that would be nice for sure. Although I guess we didn't have full hookups at Lake Pleasant and we won't at Usery mountain.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    After three Tabazona events, it is very clear that a vast majority of participants want water and electric at their sites. No question. In fact, many were coming from Quartzite Arizona, where water and electric were not available. And BTW, we pick the Tabazona dates each year to be at the tail end of Quartzite to attract those participants to our event. Food for thought for those looking for a regional event in the future.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.