Options

Camping on BLM grounds and Waste tank dumping

Comments

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Boonedocking in Arizona for the winter. Camping on BLM lands. How do you get rid of you grey and black water? Do you have to take the trailer into town every few days and find a dump station? We hope to spend some time there next winter.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @kybob, you can pay to go dump at area campgrounds, or you pay to have a "honey wagon" come and pump out your tanks. Sometimes, it's less expensive to spend a night in a dispersed campground to take advantage of dumping and filling up with water. $9/night at Coyote Howls East, free dump and water or $10 to dump. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

kybob said:

Boonedocking in Arizona for the winter. Camping on BLM lands. How do you get rid of you grey and black water? Do you have to take the trailer into town every few days and find a dump station? We hope to spend some time there next winter.

Unless you are at a long term site, you will generally need to move about every 14 days (it can vary, check with local ranger district.) I was able to stretch the grey tank to last that long, using 2, 5 gallon portable waste tanks (I have only an 11 gall gray tank.) I was able to get my 6 gallon black tank to last just about 2 weeks, as well and if I was day short, I would use wag bags. I would then dump between switching sites. I found dump stations about 30 minutes, away. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014