Options

Winter Camping Tips

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    edited November 2019
    For the 320, crack the front window and maybe the fan vent.  Just be aware that any draft across the Alde display will cause it to run much more frequently leading to a too hot cabin.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Open a window to the locked/open position (it gives you about 1/4” of window opening) and open the roof vent about 1/4”. This provides sufficient circulation of air to control the condensation from the occupants’ breathing. I’ve never had condensation using this method. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    I also have a shower stall size rod above the toilet, for wet jackets and wet boots go on the shower floor. I took off the glass shower door and replaced it with a tension rod and shower curtain, that gives me another place to hang damp items. I use the jell powder in the toilet with trash bag liners to use the loo without running water.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    @NomadPilgrim tell me more about the gel powder and trash bag liners in the toilet.
  • Options
    T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
    The Jensen tv generates heat and affect the Alde thermostat's temperature. The Alde thermostat says 73-79°F but a thermometer I have by the sink says between 63-68°F(depending the time of the day with sun or not). A tricky situation.
    Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
    2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Oh, that’s a new one!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I think we found that cracking the vent and cracking a window pretty much prevented the condensation, even at 5 below.
    The walls were definitely not warm, however!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    Tundra57 said:
    @NomadPilgrim tell me more about the gel powder and trash bag liners in the toilet.

I found them at Target I think in the pharmacy area. Two kinds https://amzn.to/36aWycm and https://amzn.to/2sVUXZH but you can also use clumping kitty litter! Much cheaper. Works with a 5 gallon bucket with toilet seat on it too. (Luggable Loo.)

2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho