Options

Alde "rattle" fix for above 6000ft

I had the same issue and this was my fix.  The vent to the outside is both exhaust and intake.  There is a metal flex tube for the exhaust that is mounted inside a plastic intake hose.  I discovered that the plastic hose was vibrating and striking the metal exhaust hose. (The rattling noise). I loosen the clam on the plastic hose from the unit and pulled it as far as I could on the sleeve it was mounted to, giving me more clearance, and then thightened it up.  No more noise!  I would like to install a longer hose to get more clearance but the dealer has not been able to get me one as of yet.  Hope this works for you and others.
Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

Comments

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Glad you were able to quiet it down!  :)

There's another thread going now about adding in-line a propane regulator to resolve the root cause of the problem -- the Alde runs too rich at higher altitudes.  So even if you quiet it down, it's still not running right.  Keep an eye on the exhaust port -- if you see any black soot building up, this might be problematic down the road as the entire burner assembly inside the Alde is building up the black carbon too.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    Thanks.  I'll check that out.  

Alde should have provided that as part of their unit.
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Options
    stephengstepheng Member Posts: 109
    I too have a rattle that I think is the outer pipe hitting the inner pipe.  Has anyone found or made spacers that could be used to keep the inner pipe centered in the outer pipe?  These would need to be webbed to allow input air to flow between the inner and outer pipe.  this is similar to Rinnai tankless water heater pipes that have spacers to keep the two pipes centered.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    johnbetsjohnbets Member Posts: 8
    Be aware that the alde has a high altitude setting on the control panel. Mine was making a lot of noise at higher altitudes and activating this setting solved it. It’s in the manual. 
    John and Betsy. 2021 T@B 320 CS-S. 2018 Toyota Tacoma
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @johnbets, yes, that's true of your alde 3020. But this thread was started in 2017, and a different regulator was the most necessary solution for those of us with the older model alde 3010 who used that model at altitude. Several older threads like this one are searchable about the regulator fix.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.