Options

Screen Sticks

My front window screen started to stick after the 2nd time I used it so I called the dealership and they indicated that I would need to remove the window frame to put the cord back in its track.  I did that and discovered that when I put it back and put the window frame back together, I could lower the screen but when I raised it again, the black cord would jump off of the lower track and the screen would stick again.  I contacted the dealership and they said they would order a new one for me.  But I have my first trip coming up tomorrow and would really rather just fix it.  Has anyone had problems with a window screen and if so, how did you resolve it?
Thanks
2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX

Comments

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I just ran into a similar (maybe the same) problem over the weekend and also noticed the same issue with a T@B on the dealer's lot; (went to an RV show).  If your problem is like mine, the issue is the metal portion of the frame (on both sides) at the bottom of the window are slightly bent in, which is jamming my screen (bottom screen) from opening up.  To fix, I had to remove the plastic end pieces, which just pop off, and carefully bend the metal frame at the bottom outward just a bit.  Replaced the plastic pieces and it now works fine.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @foxden , First I've heard of this problem. My only thought on this one would be to take the frame off again, put the cord back on the track, move the screen up, and down ( with the window frame still off ) to see why it's coming off the track. See if you can adjust the track so it stays on. Will this work? Let us know please.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Heading out soon to work on it again.  Had to make a trip to the store to get provisions for my first (ever) trip in my new Tab tomorrow.  Venturing out about 40 miles to Pedernales State Park.  Hey, you have to start somewhere, right?
    It is hard to see what is making the cord jump out of the track.  There just isn't really anything to hold it in.  I think my only option will be to take apart one of the working screens to see what it SHOULD look like.  That might give me the answer.  Will let you know.
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    @JohnDanielsCPA I am thinking that the problem could potentially be something similar with mine but not the same thing.  I am not sure the black cord should even be able to escape from the edges of the metal rail.  It does that at both ends but the middle portion of the cord stays safely tucked under the edge.  I wonder is there is a bend in that metal rail that is allowing the cord to fall out.  Can't see the cord on any portion of the rail on the other windows.  Continuing to work on it.