Options

outside lagun mount

I installed the outside lagun table mount today.  What a TERRIBLE mount.  First, no instructions.  After looking at the previous lagun threads I measured very carefully and that was successful.  However, The tightening handle on the lagun hits the fender, so you can't lower the table enough to be useful for eating.  We are leaving tomorrow so I made a quick and DIRTY mod to make it work.  I would strongly advise against getting this mod until they come up with a fix.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There's two ways for this to work. Either put a spacer of about 3/8" behind the bracket, or add a hole and a slot to the other end of the Lagun upright bracket. The hole is for the handle to come from the other side and the slot is to allow for tightening. 

I chose the hole and the slot. While I have the tools to do it, a neighbor who owns a machine shop offered to do it for me. He had it back to me the next day. 

You could also call email parts@nucamprv.com and ask how the factory does it, or you could call Elsie in the parts department if they could give you some pointers on how it is done. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2022
    I assume you saw @Michigan_Mike discussion http://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/3608/lagun-table-pedestal-mod-outside-use#latest? Like Verna said, the new hole drilled and the slot lengthened seemed to solve the problem. The spacer to replace the washers can be cut from a plastic cutting board when you have the time.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    Ah, good idea.  I have my eye on a cutting board in the kitchen when my wife is not looking.  I also want to put the handle on the other side of the upright bracket but can't figure out how to make square holes.  ?????
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    When I talked with Elsie, she mentioned a spacer that I could order with the outside Lagun mounting plate. Do you need an additional spacer if you have that?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York