Options

Cracked Roof Rails

Leo34Leo34 Member Posts: 16
I noticed today that both the long metal roof rails that run from the front to the back of our 2015 T@ B are cracked. The rails appear to be two separate sections that joined together approximately over the light outside the door. The longer section on both sides are completely broken leaving a gap of approximately 1/4 ". The break is 7 1/2 " from the join on the door side and 18" from the join on the other side. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what did you do about it? It would appear to be major repair.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Leo34, I think you are referring to the plastic colored rails that are on the outside of your T@B on the corners between the roof and the sides. You would need to send an email to repair@nucamprv.com and see what they have to say about the repairs and the cost. I really don't know what the cost is. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WildRumpusWildRumpus Member Posts: 42
    Same thing is happening to our 18 month old 2016 CS-S.  I've sent an email to nucamp.   Is this rail merely decorative os is my Tab now in danger of leaking from the roof? 
    Gainesville, FL
  • Options
    WildRumpusWildRumpus Member Posts: 42
    Problem solved!  Renee from Nucamp replied to my email with an easy fix:

"The trim is not actually cracked. It appears, in the photo, that the screw under the black screw cover on the roof trim has pulled out of the roof, allowing the trim to pull away from the Keder Rail on the side of the trailer, therefore, causing the caulking to crack. We will advise pulling the black screw cover away from the roof trim and properly reinserting the screw, the area will then need to be resealed."

Here are the screws she's talking about:

And after tightening the screws, just need to recaulk:

Thanks, Renee!
    Gainesville, FL
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @WildRumpus thanks for the photos and resolution info.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    This might be the cause of my issue (one piece of trim extremely loose). I thought I just had to re-glue the black rubber down but now I'm thinking it's the screws (didn't know they were there). May try this myself but am taking it to my dealer anyway right before T@Bazona to have a back LED light assembly changed so may have them do this as well. Thanks!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I repaired mine with a longer and larger diameter screw. Resealed the area. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge