Options

What is the line with water coming out? Line is back left by jack stand. 2015 T@b CS-S Max.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
     Im guessing that that's probably from the pressure relief valve next to the Alde unit.    If you have a hose attached to the trailer via the city water port on the side of the trailer and do not have a pressure reducing valve  attached at the incoming water supply line, too much pressure can be applied to the trailer water system and the valve will open up (to relieve the pressure) and water will run out the bottom of the trailer.  The valve will also operate to relieve hot water pressure from the Alde hot water tank too.  

You can find the brass pressure relief valves in the RV area of Walmart for around $8-9 and this will resolve the above issue.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    What Mike said. If your unit was winterized, the valve(most have a yellow handle) may have simply been left open(in the up position). You need to close it.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I'm glad to see this issue was posted here.  I had this same thing happen to me a couple days ago.  I am never on hookups; I pull fresh water from the tank using the onboard pump.  For the first time I've had my T@B, I hooked up to city water (at my house) and had the same thing happen.  My water pressure is not high, so I didn't attach a regulator to the line, but it happened anyway.  I was concerned the shore line attachment was not "nailed down" well at the factory, so I was getting leakage that was draining through that black pipe.  What Mike said makes sense, given the proximity of the black pipe to where the Alde is.  However, I am now concerned that such a relatively low pressure could cause the Alde to spew.  Is there a pressure setting on the Alde for this?
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    40-50 lbs of pressure is the max for the pipes and connectors. It's the standard for the majority of campers and RVs with a few exceptions (the bigger land yachts have the regulators built in). That is not much water pressure. There's no adjustment on the 2015 T@Bs (or prior years) with the Alde (Dutchmen T@Bs have a different heating/cooling system, but still have the 50 psi max for water lines). The Alde pressure valve may be a valve with a built-in pressure release. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)