Options

2016 Norcold Fan stopped working

ive been full timing with he Norcold 3 way and hate it. Even with the fan the countertop is a bit warm. In hot weather it wouldn't cool to a safe temp on propane. And normally the temp changes from a little warm to too cold regularly. Every 3-4 days I toss out meat just to be safe.  And now the fan broke. 

Has anyone replaced the 3way with a 12v?  If so what did you get and how did you like it?  

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Look at an ARB 50 qt. I checked the dimensions and it looks like it would fit sideways. It would need a slide out shelf with locking slides for 100 lbs, a person familiar with propane to remove the gas connection, and a cabinet door built by nüCamp to match the rest of the cabinetry. 

My 3-way works wonderfully, but I still keep my 50 qt ARB in the back seat of the truck because it a such a miser on 12V. It was originally designed for off-roading in Australia, so it's built to take a beating. Knock on wood, my ARB is almost 4 years old and hasn't missed a beat. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I replaced my Norcold stock fan with a MUCH quieter model.  Also added two additional fans behind the white plastic exhaust vent.  See "Noisy Norcold."
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    EllenZEllenZ Member Posts: 9
    I just rhought of something. Is it
    possible the problem with true fan is a blown fuse?  If so where would I look?
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    By all means check it out; repairing what you have may be a lot less expensive than replacing it.

Although our 3-way always worked well, our new small RV has a 12V fridge, which seems to work much better. It can even make ice! Only caveat is to have sufficient 12VDC power available if dry camping. (That's where solar comes in very handy.)

Not sure I'd ever go back to a 3-way, and you're right-- they do add a fair bit of heat to the interior while operating on propane.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Search "Fuses for Newbies" for fuse locations.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.