Options

Screen Door

I have a 2012 TAB - have seen the newer models have a screen door. Is this something that can easily go on my trailer or do folks have an alternative idea for a screen door

Comments

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I don't know how the 2012 is configured, but the screen door looks to be just a frame that is attached to the inside wall and the screen is part of the unit.  If you have the space to install it, you may be able to get the screen and frame from PV.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    This has been previously discussed on the forum.  I recall someone mentioning that the countertop got in the way of the left side screen panel (that's the side with all the "workings").
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

I have a 2012 TAB - have seen the newer models have a screen door. Is this something that can easily go on my trailer or do folks have an alternative idea for a screen door

Yes.  I have added a newer one to our 2012 T@B, not problems.  It is a great screen door, far better then the old velcro thing.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited May 2017
    I've removed and reinstalled the screen door and as noted it is a plastic frame that is easy to remove/install.  If the demensions are similar on your 2012 T@B to my 2015 trailer it should be a relatively easy and uneventful install and well worth the time and effort.  I really like the screen door as it is very useful and  slides out of the way easily.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    richardlacroixrichardlacroix Member Posts: 16
    Hi, I have the new model with a screen door. It runs, though, very hard and I can not find a way to adjust it. Lubricating with graphite at the bottom and oil at the top did not work. Any suggestions?

Richard
    Ellen & Richard Lacroix | 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 | T@B Max S 2017
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Need to clean the graphite out. Soap or vegetable oil will work better. Check to make sure nothing is in the track (I'm sure you have). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Ratkity I'd leave off any vege oil as it attracts and holds grit and dirt, making a bigger mess. It also gets sticky and thicker over time, making it miserable to remove easily. Silicone spray is my go to, or soap works, too.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, I thought that about the veggie oil. I was thinking of using a very thin layer, but it does oxidize and attract dirt.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Hi, I have the new model with a screen door. It runs, though, very hard and I can not find a way to adjust it. Lubricating with graphite at the bottom and oil at the top did not work. Any suggestions?

Richard
    Hi Richard,  I don't think there's an adjustment for the screen door as it is a one-piece unit that basically mounts inside the trailer and just outside the door frame.  My screen door does have a minimal amount of resistance when deploying the screen door but slides easily back into the stowed position.  If your trailer is under warranty I would let the dealer inspect it and replace it if necessary.  
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Agree with @Michigan_Mike!! The other thing to do (we do) is vacuum the bottom track out real good as it collects dirt whether 'ya like it or not. We do ours after every trip to help keep it debris free!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Agree with @Michigan_Mike!! The other thing to do (we do) is vacuum the bottom track out real good as it collects dirt whether 'ya like it or not. We do ours after every trip to help keep it debris free!
    @ericnliz it does help to get all those beer caps out!   =)
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh boy!!! @Michigan_Mike, It's so nice to be back & get a good chuckle!!! Just an FYI, I keep my beer drinkin' to around the campfire, fishin' & the pickinik table!!! No beer tops are allowed near, or in the trailer per Mrs. Liz!!! Gotta love her & I can't complain 'cause she usually brings me a nice cold one when she freshens up her rum & coke, or margarita!! ;)  
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz Nothing better than a great functioning screen door, bottle cap free and free fill-ups back at the trailer!  2thumbsgif  food-smiley-024gif
  • Options
    Don't even need to go to the trailer. Have a fishin' chair with a cooler underneath (holds a 6 pack), and have a designated, wheeled cooler for the rest of the spots I might frequent!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.