Options

What's with the step stools

I see pictures of tabs with people using stepstools for entry. I thought all tabs came with fold out steps? What's the point here?
Chris and Toby, the wonder dog
2014 320S
2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    The older ones did not.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    If you have the 320 tent connected, it covers the step. You'll need an alternate way to step inside. The adjustable and foldable aluminum step was perfect. It could also help me reach the spare tire on the Yakima rack. Double duty!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sunny Day (7 yr old 12 lb Shih Tzu) bangs her right rear leg elbow on the pull out step. I don't use the pull out step and I use the portable step to protect her leg...and me from the expense of Vet bills. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    I'm short and it helps me reach the upper keder rail when installing my awning. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    When boondocking on the open range, we use it to milk the cows for our morning cereal.

Just kidding
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Mod Squad Alert --
    Coming soon: The pull down step that converts into a pet ramp. :)
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Mod Squad Alert --
    Coming soon: The pull down step that converts into a pet ramp. :)
    It's not a ramp, but I did add a step cover to keep Max's little toesies from getting caught in the holes on the step.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The Dutchman T@B's did not include a step.

On ours, I don't like how the pull out step is just simply bolted to the floor, there is a lot of give when I step on it, so we use a step stool as well.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Some people also use portable step stools when they set up the side tents.  Even though the fold out trailer step can still be used with the side tent set up, some people prefer to keep the fold out step in, seal up the Velcro sides of the tent to the tent trailer skirt supplied and supplement the step via a step stool instead of the fixed fold out step.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JGoodJGood Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    We use a separate foldable aluminum step which is wider than the pull out and studier as well
    Jeff Goodman & Michael Mancuso, 2014 T@B Max S (T@bulus)
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    We don't have a step on our 2006 DM CS, so we recently took advantage of a sale at Camping World and purchased their foldable aluminum step which is nice and wide and light and hopefully will help prevent one of us from falling as we exit the trailer!
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    As for me, I just hate the awkward to use, heavy steel steps from the factory that are never the correct height for us. I removed mine once, but when the 5'0" lady of the T@B yelled at me, I put them back. 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    clinckclinck Member Posts: 57
    I am convinced. Step stools are the way to go...I agree that the fold out step is not very reassuring..
    Chris and Toby, the wonder dog
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6