Options

Rope Light Advice?

I've seen some really nice setups in the forum photos of rope lights mounted on or around the different awnings.  I'm not sure where to start such as where to purchase, the best way to mount etc.  Any suggestions or photos would be helpful.. 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @newell, Look under "Finally, Exterior LED Lights by @cyclonic. Pretty cool set-up with photos. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @newell, @ericnliz is correct. I saw the set-up of @cyclonic and was excited. Found similar lights and mounted them the same as he did. Have had many great comments about them. They are dimmable and we usually have them on under the xl visor. Color change to suit the occasion. Our boys (10 & 11) love m!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Here's last year at Halloween. Btw ordered from home depot on line. Remote controlled, led strip lights.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Not sure about the @cyclonic link, it says whatever was listed was sold.  Anyway are these lights 12 or 120 volt? 

• Options
    How about this? See attached link: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/blue-white-mini-rope-light-16/81283.  This is 110 volt but is reduced down to 5 volts.  I should be able to  run this with my small 400 watt inverter plugged  into the 12 volt house battery. The price is right compared to the $200 + version from Home Depot that is specifically 12 volt. 

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @newell, mine are 16 colors. They are 110/120 AC. Note the electric plug into the exterior outlets. They cost less than $40. Receiver and transformer are installed under the rear handle cover. I don't know how to post the link, but will look up the item number and post it for you later. These lights are LED strip lights. They have a flat side with adhesive that holds them in place. Both @cyclonic and I caulked them in place with silicone. They can be cut to length. From the flat bottom to the nearly flat top they are approx 1/4 inch thick and measure less width than the keder rail lower lip.
  • Options
    Thanks dragonsdofly, I'll look for that item number when you put it up.  I'll still have to plan on using the inverter though,  most of our camping will be without shore power. 

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    @newell Do the research, inverters are power HOGS! Run as much as you can at 12v not 110ac and your battery will live ALOT longer. They make the flat rope led strings to operate from 5v to 36v and they are happy at 12v. We have several sets on other vehicles and trailers.
  • Options
    Ok @ newell, my lights are used when we have hook-ups. If you are camping without shore power, these won't work. There are others available that are low voltage. These begin that way but are transformed up to the 110/120. Internet # 205376815. Description: led strip-wa 16.4' smd 5050 wtrprf 300led's. Fyi sometimes in stock, sometimes sold out, but for the past year since I installed mine, they do restock regularly. Good luck!
  • Options
    Newfisher: Good advice on the inverter, thanks...

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Anyone have solar exterior rope or hanging lights (to put either on a visor or on the kedar rail)? I know Pit-Pat has some. I'd like to go that route but haven't yet.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    Anyone have solar exterior rope or hanging lights (to put either on a visor or on the kedar rail)? I know Pit-Pat has some. I'd like to go that route but haven't yet.
    I have a solar light string from Ikea that I've had on my balcony for a few years now and I bought the same for use on the trailer. I'll just need to put the panel somewhere where it will get sunlight while I'm on the road. 

I'm also looking at this solar rope on Amazon

I've also seen solar string lights at Target.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab