Options

Norcold Frig Seal

I have a 2017 Outback...Was the frig door seal supposed to be glued on at the factory ??? I opened my frig and the seal literally  fell off the door. I popped it back on but its a nuisance to keep putting it back on every 3 days or so.

Comments

• Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    I got a 2015 Outback. My fridge doesn't keep the temperature while traveling. It can get 24F at night while parking, but it gets over 50F while traveling. So I thought something was wrong with the seal (gasket). Mine was coming off very easily, so I asked Ed at NuCamp, and he told me to use some caulking to glue it. It did help a bit, but it still gets over 40F while traveling. I am ordering the gasket from local RV place (Norcold service provider). Hope replacing the gasket helps on this since it used to cool like crazy while it was on battery.

Norcold support told me this model is different from other models they have, and it is normal that it gets 50F if outside temp is over 90F.

The Norcold fridge is the only thing I don't like about my T@B.

Jiro
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,695
    I have the same issue with my 2017.   I carefully worked it back into the "groove", and used a little tack hammer to press it in tightly.  On a five day trip last week, the seal didn't budge, so I'm hoping it will hold with that simple fix.  I just think it should be seated really well. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi