Options

Water Line Blow-Out vs RV Antifreeze...Experts please weigh in!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Torres2906tabTorres2906tab Member Posts: 37
    Wanted to chime in and say thanks for the good shares here - we've had our T@b for less than a year and it's our first winter (Michigan). Our Leila will be outside with a T@b cover so definitely will need thorough winterizing and soon. We haven't done a thing with then water lines yet because we don't know what to do. Not much info in the manual that the private seller gave us. Ours is a 2013, outside shower, inside sink - neither of which have ever been used. I did buy RV antifreeze and a valve to attach to the air compressor.
    Elaine ~ 2013 T@b U, aka Lei-la. TV 2010 GMC Terrain
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Seems you just need to de-winterize...hook up a garden hose outside, or use the FW tank, and flush until no pink...maybe putting a Rubbermaid pan under those three valves to monitor? (we have a 2014/15 S Maxx)... Then blow out the lines, isolate the Alde, and re-pink...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Durango, thank you. We have been so frustrated with all this.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    The only reason I put any antifreeze in the lines at all is because I could not figure out a way to blow out the electric water pump part of the system.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2014
    Steve, the pump will drain if you empty the lines. It's mounted vertically, so you can run it until there's no more water coming out (running it dry is OK), and it should be fine. Here's a link to the instructions for the pump:

-- 
    Chan
    2014 'S' Maxx

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya