Options

Our T@B - second summer

TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
  We have set up our travels for this season.  We decided to stay in the state, Wisconsin, and hit the state parks we never visited.  In March, we started with a nostalgia trip.  We went back to Devils lake state park, where 43 years ago we first went camping.  At that time We had borrowed an old pup tent and 2 inadequate sleeping bags.  It was so cold that my shoes started smoking as I pressed them into the fire.  That night, there was a massive ice storm, the tent collapsed and you had to struggle to stand.  Trees down everywhere. Now, we went back.  It was cold and rainy, but with the alde, we were toasty at least.
  Next, we went to Wildcat mountain, a very small park in the south west part of the state.  It rained, but we had fun.  I would give this park a visit though.  
  Last weekend we were at Governor Dodge state park.  Big park with two lakes.  Lots to do, but it was 87 degrees and we suffered.  Both of these last two parks are in an area not touched by the glaciers, so it is very hilly.  Hence, no cell service.  There are some great vistas and this is beautiful farm country.  Instead of sweating in the park, we decided to visit a local attraction, The House on the Rock.  You can easily spend a day here.  https://www.thehouseontherock.com/PDFs/2017_Brochure.pdf.  Worth a visit..
Our only problem at the park was when we exited, the dump station was on an incline and we didn't empty our tanks.  If it hadn't been busy, perhaps we could have come in the other way, sloping downhill.  Nice campsites here...
  Family get together this weekend in Hudson.  My in-laws are celebrating a 50th.  We will be at Willow River.  Supposed to be hot, but we have a power site.  Yeah...  I'm taking my Nikon and a good book on how to use it, along.  I'll try to get some study time in..

Our inside configuration is in the twin bed mode, with the Lagun table, which we are liking...  I have to say that the inside has been repurposed more times....
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI