Options

For anyone who has winterized their T@b (especially if you've already gone thru a winter)...

If you winterize by using an air compressor to blow all of the water out of your lines, why would you have to add RV antifreeze to fill all the tubing?
Shouldn't it be enough to do one or the other, but not necessary to do both?

(I know that you do need to put some RV antifreeze in the drains for the shower, sink, toilet, and the gray water and black water tanks.)

Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)

Comments

• Options
    breakawaybreakaway Member Posts: 38
    W bought a small air compressor for $60. Max psi was 100. Only used 25 psi. Blew out the lines and added RV antifreeze into the black and grey tanks, shower, sink, toilet and fresh water tank. Just like blowing out our irrigation system on our lawn. If there is no water,  no problem. T@B is happy and in storage till spring. Used our T@B 34 nights this summer and can't wait till spring.
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    I think it probably depends upon how cold your winters get and where the T@B is stored.  I had mine winterized, today by a T@B dealer and asked about this.  Blowing air through the system won't remove every drop. If a Minnesota camper isn't stored in a climate controlled space, everything will freeze.  The dealer I used blew out all the lines, ran 4 gallons of RV/marine antifreeze through the entire system (including Alde because my T@B does not have bypass), then drained the antifreeze, and again blew out the lines.
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    breakawaybreakaway Member Posts: 38
    Now that we think about this again, because we don't have the bypass valve we can't blow out the red water line that exits directly from Alde and runs parallel along the floor all the way to the front. Maybe we can close the drain valves from the Alde and try to blow out the red lines also. There is a check valve on the red line, so I don't know if air will escape through it when we blow.

What is the reason to drain and blow out the antifreeze at the end?
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Twocutes, am I understanding that since you are storing in a climate controlled space you are storing with NO anti-freeze?
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32