Options

Screen/Shade Removal

I need to take out the front screen/shade unit for replacement (2017 model) and can't find the screws that hold the bottom of the unit in.  The top screws are easy to find and remove.  Has anyone removed that front unit on a recent S Max and if so, where are those bottom screws?  Thanks!
2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    The screen is uni-directional (i.e. it can be installed with the shade at the bottom or screen at the bottom).  Therefore, the four corners are identical.  Pop off the four plastic end-caps to access the screws.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I would have thought so too.  But I finally found them.  They are tucked up under the shade material, about 1/2" in from where the top screws are.  There are multiple holes they could have used so I don't know if this is the standard location for 2017s or if it was just a different choice.  Either way, the screen has been successfully removed.  I have pictures if anyone else has trouble finding them.
  • Options
    And thanks for responding, @Tabaz
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    @foxden Could you post the pictures please?
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    The screwdriver is pointing to the hole used to attach the bottom (shade side) of the unit.  The hole down and to the left of that is the one that was used on the top (screen side).  Sorry, just realized the photo is sideways.  That is the lower left corner of the unit.
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Thanks, no wonder I didn't see it, it was buried.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback