Options

Scratch on Azdel

foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
I noticed a small (less than 2 inches) very thin scratch on silver Azdel siding of my trailer (probably a branch hitting it).  It is deep enough that I can feel it with my fingernail but really not very noticeable.  It is high up near the a/c vent so I am not concerned about it cosmetically but I do wonder if it could cause a potential problem down the road if I ignore it.  Any suggestions on addressing or not addressing scratches on the siding?
2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The scratch is probably in the gel coat if you don't see aluminum. What's great is there is no chance of water penetration because the entire camper top is aluminum.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks for that!  Can't see any aluminum.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Ratkity and @foxden, the only model that has aluminum sides, in addition to the aluminum top, is the Sofitel. Otherwise, the sides are a fiberglass infused material. 

Azdel is only in the floor fromthe late 2015 to present T@B's. Azdel, a composite material, is used in the place of any wood in the floor so the floor should never have rot. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Ok, that makes sense.  So if it is fiberglass, I probably should be ok.
  • Options
    Yes, @foxden, I would just wash and wax it. You always panic at that first scratch. You got it, now don't tell anyone and they'll never see it ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    You know I didn't look at foxden's sig... I thought Azdel was the trailer name!! LOL. Caffeine deprived. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    That's OK, Ratkity....I'll excuse you ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    That's OK, Ratkity....I'll excuse you ;)
    Phew... I was bracing myself. :lol:

How's your summer "job". I bet you are working hard with camping season ramping up!