Options

Ice Chunks Flying Out of Cool Cat — PROBLEM SOLVED

Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
UPDATE: QUESTION ANSWERED. Has this happened to anyone else? My Cool Cat in the AC mode seems to ice up inside and it makes a rattling noise and throws out chunks of ice. I live in the humid south, so that might be a factor. The trailer is tilted the correct way so that lots of moisture drains out the back. There is no moisture on the floor inside. In general, this beast of an AC is a joy to have on board. In the past, I've turned it off for a while and I assume the ice melts and then it's OK. But I'm leaving soon for some long travels and as you know it's extremely blazing hot in many parts of the country and turning off the Cool Cat might not be possible. Any ideas how to prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance.
Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
"Travels With The Tiny"

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If you do a search on FB in the T@B Camping Trailer group, someone had the same problem over the weekend.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Verna said:
    If you do a search on FB in the T@B Camping Trailer group, someone had the same problem over the weekend.
    Wow! Perfect. Thank you Verna!
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    What was the solution?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2017
    Running the Cool Cat at too low of a temp iced it up. Turn on fan only to let it thaw and the ice also allows the incoming air to be cooled. It seems to be a common known fact with the original owners of the DM T@B's.  Since this forum is mostly nüCamp/Pleasant Valley T@B's, we haven't don't have experience with the icing problems. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”