Knob Going Into Water Filter

Hey folks, I wonder if anyone can help with a very technical problem.

I adjusted the little knob on the hose that leads into the water filter on our 2015 Outback; it's behind the panel above the toilet in the wet bath. I barely turned it, hoping to change the hot/cold water mix (not even sure this was the right knob...but I thought it was worth a try). Anyway, suddenly we had no water, and when I checked the panel again, the knob was gone, fallen, no doubt, into the depths of the body.

So far our dealer is of no help - I don't want to drive all the way out there only to find that they don't have the part. 

Anyone have any idea?

2016 Outback

Comments

• BooRadleyBooRadley Member Posts: 39
    Ok, so I appear to be an idiot. What I turned, according to the manuals, was the water filter. 
    2016 Outback
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You're not an idiot--just a new T@B owner. You might want to call Elsie at the nüCamp factory on Monday to order a new cap for the water filter. If you email her the photo, it would help her find it for you elsie@nucamprv.com. 

I'm not well versed on the technicalities of the water pump, priming, etc., but if you keep looking in the manual, you are sure to find a photo of the Alde unit under the driver's side seat cushion, and you should be able to find the mixing valve. Plus, if you search for mixing, I know you'll find helpful hints from those who have one (I don't) and how far they moved the mixing valve to achieve a cooler water temp. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BooRadleyBooRadley Member Posts: 39
    Thanks, Verna. I have sent Elsie a note, hoping to get a replacement.

Alas, though, I'm not new...just constantly stumbling into the mysteries of the Outback.
    2016 Outback
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @BooRadley, The mixing valve is located under the driver's side seat on the back wall next to the ALDE unit, Has a knob on top for colder,hotter settings. Go to the "search" box, and type in "mixing valve". It will take you to several posts, some have pictures of the valve itself, with adjusting directions. Hope this helps you.

2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    In order to continue to use your water system you could remove the water filter  temporarily till you can get a replacement. Camp World or any RV dealer with a parts and service department should have a replacement filter it is a fairly common stock item.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun