First trip and already stuff broken

blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
Just finished my first trip in my 2017 T@B. Picked up in Los Angeles on Saturday and camping the night in Mammoth then up to Lake Tahoe and then back to the SF Bay. 

Trip went great but on my first stop I noticed that the little plastic sewer hose holder was broken off already!

Not a big deal because I was planning on getting the "outback" tongue box anyway.

Spent the night in Mammoth and had a great time, the Mammoth hot springs have gotten SOOOO BUSY since I was there last about 10 years ago. It's a little sad.

Drove the next morning up to Bodie Ghost town, I love that place if you've never been! However, after the 3 miles of gravel roads ALL the door knobs had fallen off! When I got home tonight I put some RED locktite on the threads so that will never happen again!

Other then that it went great until the dog got car sick and threw up everywhere. :( 

Back home now and looking forward to the next trip!

Comments

• blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I also forgot to say that BOTH my Nikon D90 and my iPhone 6 cameras stopped working! So it was hard to get pictures of anything good! :( 
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Sounds like you had an epic trip, even with the issues. Sorry your pup got sick. That's never fun!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Best that both cameras stopped working before you shot the pic of 'the dog got car sick'  :s

Glad you kept your sense of humor, with your 'eventful' trip!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Those things do happen.  Overall, we've been very happy with our choice.  
    Our day one problems included:
    Tab fuses kept blowing - dealer did something in the wiring, now fixed.
    Tail light didn't work - Ed (from the company) sent us a new one.
    Magnet in the shower door came out and broke.  - company sent new one.
    One of the plug in fuses was bad. - found it and replaced it.

On a humorous note: The first time flushing and filling the fresh water tank, the valve was open under the stairs.  I was parked on the edge of the driveway so it wasn't noticeable.  It took forever to fill.   Grin....  (of course I take full responsibility for this one)

This is the best company I've ever dealt with in dealing with issues.  And also, the people on this forum are the best.  No flame wars, no name calling or ridicule.....  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @blackc2004 , & @TerryV6, I think all of us have had little things happen, and you'll find the folks not only here, but at nuCamp very helpful, and courteous. I know from personal experience when you're out camping, these things happening can be very frustrating, and at times disheartening. I choose to think of them as learning experiences rather than downfalls, and conquering the problems gives you more confidence knowing that the world really doesn't end with a blown fuse! (both the one in the trailer, and at times...yours! ;))
    @TerryV6, So, 'ya got a free flush, and 'ya learned how to fill it faster all in one fowl swoop! :rofl: Our magnet just came out too, slid it back in (all 3 pieces), and put a small screw in at the bottom to hold it in. Tried to put the little plastic retainer back in, and after it falling out twice, gave it the 'ol deep six, and went with the screw instead. Hasn't moved since! :) 
    Remember to post the good things that happen as well as the bad.  ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Ive really never been negative here.  Just sharing my mishaps with original poster and showing that everything got fixed satisfactorily...   Is there a dicussion thread here to help get better with typing on a d#@ phone...?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I just picked up my 1st T@B 320 S 2018.  For 4 days dry camping, I could not get the water temp above 80 degrees. The thermostat said heater was 160+ degrees and sanitary water at 144 degrees. re-calibrated mixing valve but no change.
    After a few beers... I followed the outlet pipe and found a cross connect to cold water valve open. Closed it and wallah. I love my Blue Magoo.
    My trailer came with a tag on the faucet that said to check the mixing value if you wanted it hotter. Was yours missing?

Overall i'm very happy with my purchase! I just wanted to share my first trip experiences. Trying to think of somewhere to go for the long weekend for July 4th!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Congrats, @blackc2004. Here I've been trying to figure out if you had buyer's remorse or just plain unlucky!  I'm so glad you are happy with your purchase.

You really have to laugh sometimes at the things that just happen, just as in our everyday life. I had looked forward to kayaking and fishing all weekend, and I couldn't find my scupper plugs. It was 59* heading for the upper 60's and I just did not want to sit in cold water and have my feet in cold water, so I hopped into my brother's fishing boat. When I got home I found my plugs as soon as I opened the tailgate!  I'll Kayak later this week or early next week....with dry feet!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • kaneohebaykaneohebay Member Posts: 6
    blackc2004 I did see the tag attached to the sink. I adjusted the mixing valve till it blew the spring and stem out and 144 degree water shot out like Old Faithful.
    After reassembling the valve and mopping up, I found the hot and cold cross connect valve was open. This valve is hidden under a large black glycol hose. Withis valve open water will not go above 90 degrees. I closed it and all works as it should.
    Dennis
    2018 T@B 320 S "The Blue Magoo", 2017 Nissan Titan