Options

Temporary quick easy tire puncture fix

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
If you happen to carry a mini tire pump this could get you back on the road in the event you get a tread puncture. You simply remove the nail or source of the puncture. Screw in the  appropriate sized plug then break off the excess material and add air. If they work they could be very handy in a pinch. I found them at our local Fred Meyer store in the automotive section. Cost about 5 bucks. 
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    Any auto parts store will sell a kit to fix a flat properly. It will consist of a tool to clean the hole after you dig out the nail or screw and then use another tool to push in a piece of gummy semi cured rubber that I have never had fail. A permanent fix that a lot of tire shops use. The product pictured above looks simple to use but a can of fix-a-flat is easier and will also inflate your flat tire. 
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    KBaggins1 said:
    Any auto parts store will sell a kit to fix a flat properly. It will consist of a tool to clean the hole after you dig out the nail or screw and then use another tool to push in a piece of gummy semi cured rubber that I have never had fail. A permanent fix that a lot of tire shops use. The product pictured above looks simple to use but a can of fix-a-flat is easier and will also inflate your flat tire. 
    I know but not everyone has the skill  strength and ability to use those kits. This is something almost anyone could do. Just an option for the unskilled that could get you to shop for a proper permanent fix. In earlier threads some people were reluctant to use fix a flat. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Looks like a decent alternative Dale.  I have used the gummy/tar style patch kits on the road (they do come in handy) and just repaired two small puncture holes in my lawnmower tractor tire within the last week.  I've stayed away from the fix-a-flat product as I believe it creates a mess when the tire is removed for the final repair.  

The plug & go are available on Amazon and no mess to clean up.  Good find!

Victor 22-5-60204-8 Plug & Go Tire Repair Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRCQFPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UG6uzbNKT3Z69

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Michigan_Mike, Agree with the fix-a-flat stuff. Your tire guy will either hate you, :angry: or refuse to repair. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks for the link Mike.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun