July 4th Camping!

blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
Who all is going somewhere this july 4th? Have you reserved a spot or are you doing a first come place?

I'm still debating about trying to get out. I have to work Friday and Monday :( 

Was looking at options in Klamath or Shasta-Trinity but I fear that everything will be PACKED this weekend.

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    In Washington State we will find out tomorrow if the State Legislature signs a new budget. If they do all State agencies including all State parks will remain business as usual. If they don't get it passed rangers will be clearing all campgrounds of campers, locking the gates and going home. Until a budget is passed. Everyone who has prepaid will get a full refund. The timing couldn't be worse, not that it's ever good for this. I've got reservations in a week and a half. Sigh!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Parks will remain OPEN, regardless of the poor budget approval. Thank goodness the Governor has some common sense!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

HAPPY 4TH Of JULY!!!! Everybody be safe out there!
    If you're camping, be conscious of your campfires (if allowed), wildfire season already started here with 4 of them going right now. 
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• DaveLittleDaveLittle Member Posts: 5
    In OH, we will be staying at Mt. Gilead State Park. They have a full schedule of activities and the volunteers are hosting breakfasts July 1-4 (eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage gravy and biscuits)!
    Dave & Brenda Little
    Marion, OH
    2018 T@B 400 silver with red trim, 2017 Honda Ridgeline black
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @DaveLittle- sounds great!!!  Have fun!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Beautiful view!!!
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    :heart: I love it... wait, wait.. you aren't floating on the water, are you? :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @BirdieJane, Nice photos, and thanks for sharing. Makes me kinda sad & nostalgic at the same time as we had a shared family cabin on Camano Island. Sold my portion to my Aunt & Uncle so they could build their house there. Just down from Mabana Bay on the Whidbey Island side. Used to stand on the bluff & watch the whales go by when I was a kid. Looks peaceful. Have a fun, safe adventure! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

@Ratkity, They're probably not floatin', but 'ya gotta be cautious of the tides there. My brother's & I had to tread water more than once to get back to the trail going up the bluff to the cabin! :s:o
    Spokane, Wa.

ericnliz said:
    @Ratkity, They're probably not floatin', but 'ya gotta be cautious of the tides there. My brother's & I had to tread water more than once to get back to the trail going up the bluff to the cabin! :s:o
    :open_mouth: I shouldn't be surprised. Dad always knew the ocean tide times and we'd pack up stuff into his "Fish Mobile" while the newbies kept fishing. Sure 'nuff, someone always had to get their vehicle rescued. You could tell the newbies. They never let enough air out of their tires to drive on the beach.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    OMG!!! *blinkblink* WANT :)
  • RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Stop - you're torturing me!
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I just returned from Klamath national forest in northern California! Was amazing! I was really concerned that the campgrounds would be PACKED but I was the ONLY person in the 18 site camp ground. Did a 10 mile hike on Saturday and didn't see a SOUL! Did 4 miles this AM and only ran into a group of 4 backpackers.. Sprained my ankle on the hike out so decided not to do any more and head home. Will ice it tonight and then probably go to the urgent care tomorrow. :( 

Will post some pics soon!
  • JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
    BirdieJane that looks amazing. Love the outback. 

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

I just returned from Klamath national forest in northern California! Was amazing! I was really concerned that the campgrounds would be PACKED but I was the ONLY person in the 18 site camp ground. Did a 10 mile hike on Saturday and didn't see a SOUL! Did 4 miles this AM and only ran into a group of 4 backpackers.. Sprained my ankle on the hike out so decided not to do any more and head home. Will ice it tonight and then probably go to the urgent care tomorrow. :( 

Will post some pics soon!
    Sounds like a fantastic time until your ankle!! Take care of it. Waiting for the picts :)
     :) And just when I was gonna ask you about the crab! Were you able to just walk out and harvest those from where you're camped? We used a rake, and marked on the handle the "legal" size. Nice catch! ;)B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    Our friends have a boat and pots, no shortage of crab.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    In OH, we will be staying at Mt. Gilead State Park. They have a full schedule of activities and the volunteers are hosting breakfasts July 1-4 (eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage gravy and biscuits)!
    Enjoy! We will be there over Labor Day for a wedding. We stopped in there when we were at Hocking Hills, the new shower house looks very nice, and it was nice and quiet.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V