Options

Notes on the CS-S as a home base

geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107

I finally got my 2018 t@b CS-S a few weeks ago. I had chosen the CS-S model because of the way we camp which is mostly with other people. I know that sometimes people are trying to decide which model is right for them so I wanted to outline some of the ways the CS-S works for how we camp for people who might do things similarly.

First, I travel with my 2 teenage sons and a small dog. The teenagers sleep in their hammock tents or in an actual tent if they’re with friends who don't have hammocks so it’s just myself and the dog sleeping in the camper. The t@b ends up being a fantastic home base for us all.

The new counter that comes with the new models is great. There are 4 large drawers all accessible easily from outside the camper. We mostly stored things we needed like utility knives, flashlights, fire lighting stuff,  paperwork and other things I sometimes needed to pull out during the day. The counter is also easy to reach from outside and once the dealer installs the outlet over that area (nuCamp forgot to do it during manufacture so they’re making it happen through the dealer) we will all charge our devices there and we can reach them during the day.

I put various things on the door with command hooks and broom holders such as flashlights, bags and  a net to hold the bug spray/sunscreen so we can all leave/get things from there when needed.

The outside kitchen is very helpful since my kids can get back to the site after I’ve gone to sleep and still eat and drink and clean up after themselves. We also tend to camp with other families so they have full access to kitchen facilities without bothering me.

One thing I realized with so many people coming and going is that it would be nice to have a way to communicate where we were so I got a whiteboard that is magnetic and sticks on the fridge. It’s not so public that passersby can see it, but people in our group would know where to look to get information.

The outdoor shower, which is now standard on the 2018s, was also much more useful than I thought it would be for quick spraying down of dirty things and to just cool off quickly before zipping off to the next activity. It has little water pressure, but I’ll try troubleshooting that soon.

Anyway, enjoying my t@b even more than I thought I would. I wish we could get out camping more this summer, but we’re booked mostly with driving classes so I hope we’ll have a more open schedule next year.

Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts

Comments

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Congrats and sounds like you have selected the perfect system to keep the family together. We all want to camp more. There is plenty of troubleshooting help with water pressure on the forum. 
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.