Options

Early 400 question

AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
the 400 has an attractive circular undersink storage area. We are looking for ideas for how to  set up that storage area so stuff doesn't get tossed around when towing. Our new unit is in the driveway while we work to make it ours.

Comments

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We use the upper shelf to house cleaning equipment (hand held vac, whisk broom, scrub brush), a box of cleaning supplies (sponges, detergent, soap), and a small garbage container (the container on the door holds plastic grocery bags but we've found it useless for garbage or to hold anything with any significant weight).

The second shelf holds small lock boxes (with labels) with all sorts of utilitarian supplies: batteries, fuses, tape, small bungees, lock ties... And our Bug Zapper.

The storage under the passenger seat is our laundry hamper where we also store our laundry detergent pods, quarters, and a fresh linen scented air freshener.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    We keep some light baskets for extra towels and linens on the upper shelf. On top of the towels  go the smaller bags of chips and fragile types of foods.  On the lower shelf I glued a 1x3 across the back with silicone sealant.  I have a number of 1/2 gallon size klean kanteens in that area for drinking water. The wood board keeps them in place. The area to the front holds a small wisk broom and pan attached to a square container which has extra cleaning supplies. We also store a small electric heater there.

I use the area under the passenger seat for some plano boxes with small parts, multi meter and other misc. stuff.  

We also use some closet maid type racks in the closet and upper shelves over the sink.  They provide shoe storage in the closet and support for a small hamper over the shoes.  They also make two levels of storage in the upper cabinets. We found some folding cloth boxes that fit the area exactly and have it divided up and organized
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    MsBeehivenMsBeehiven Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at T@B 400s. Love the 320s but thinking we might be a little more comfortable for extended trips in the 400. Do you have any photos of your closet & sink cabinet mod and cloth boxes? Where did you purchase the folding cloth boxes?
  • Options
    Jo3Jo3 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017
    We put small round trash can with top (has a swinging door in top), baggies, extra paper towels, foil, etc.  Bottom shelf had melamine mixing bowl also used for washing dishes. also kept detergent container in bowl.  way in the back i stored boxed unbreakable wine glasses.  
    For closet, I hung a hanging garment holder (shelves) that worked great.  Husband had top shelves; I had lower ones.  It swiveled and on sides were netted pockets used for socks, under garments.  Jackets could even be rolled for back section. I think I purchased at Tuesday Morning years ago.  Have seen similiar versions at stores; especially for college kids.  I used the side section of closet for myPJ's.   We were gone for almost a month, several climates, 7,000 miles so I had several layers available.  Will try to send picture.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Curiosity question for all you 400 owners. Does anyone have the new 400 with the solar panel install? If so, what is your opinion of the capabilities, and over all performance? Thought I'd ask since I haven't seen anyone comment about this up-grade as of yet. Thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @ericliz We tested the prototype that had the 200Watt solar, when we ordered our own 400 we did not opt for that option. We prefer the flexibility of our Zamp suitcase, easier to track the sun.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    "We are looking at T@B 400s. Love the 320s but thinking we might be a little more comfortable for extended trips in the 400. Do you have any photos of your closet & sink cabinet mod and cloth boxes? Where did you purchase the folding cloth boxes?"

Sorry I did not see your question earlier.  We found the boxes at www.sierratradingpost.com  The wire racks were left over from an earlier RV and I don't remember where we purchased them.  Here are the pictures.  I am still learning about posting pictures so sorry about the extra small pictures.  After doing this I am still not sure if they will be readable.

2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    Jo3Jo3 Member Posts: 8
    ericnliz said:
    Curiosity question for all you 400 owners. Does anyone have the new 400 with the solar panel install? If so, what is your opinion of the capabilities, and over all performance? Thought I'd ask since I haven't seen anyone comment about this up-grade as of yet. Thanks.
    Our 400 has the solar.    We are pleased we have it on the roof.
    Verdict still out on capabilities and how much we can do with it.  Purchased a voltmeter for future trips.  We do like having it on the roof ( not worrying with it being stolen while not with camper ) and for charging while driving.  The built in monitoring gage shows only in 3rds ...full, 2/3, 1/3, Empty.  We feel the voltmeter will help inform us of exactly the charge of the battery and what critical level we need to remain above.  
         This is such new technology; Nucamp was waiting on instructions for themselves.  After the rep "educates" them; hopefully we can become better informed.  I think in addition; portable solar panel would be helpful for lots of dry camping.  We dry camped in Glacier NP for a week on solar.  I was able to make drip coffee with the electric plug.  The refridge, freezer seems to use a lot of battery, and finally turned it off at Lake Louise and we kept a 2/3 to full battery then. 
         We had our two grand kids sleeping with us and didn't want to risk it being too cold at night with a dead battery.  They were small 1 1/2 and 3 yrs old.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Hvtymwiltravel, thank you very much for resizing your photos. They are still very clear photos. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Jo3, Thanks for the response. Please keep us updated as you get more info. Can you not tell your battery charge level through the SEELEVEL monitor per volts? IE: 12.5,12.6? Just curious.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    We keep some light baskets for extra towels and linens on the upper shelf. On top of the towels  go the smaller bags of chips and fragile types of foods.  On the lower shelf I glued a 1x3 across the back with silicone sealant.  I have a number of 1/2 gallon size klean kanteens in that area for drinking water. The wood board keeps them in place. The area to the front holds a small wisk broom and pan attached to a square container which has extra cleaning supplies. We also store a small electric heater there.

I use the area under the passenger seat for some plano boxes with small parts, multi meter and other misc. stuff.  

We also use some closet maid type racks in the closet and upper shelves over the sink.  They provide shoe storage in the closet and support for a small hamper over the shoes.  They also make two levels of storage in the upper cabinets. We found some folding cloth boxes that fit the area exactly and have it divided up and organized
    OK, so first post here after reading for weeks. Taking delivery of our 400 in early May.

Hvtymwiltravel, those folding fabric storage trays you have are perfect, but I can't find that exact product online. Is there any chance you have a name, or the exact dimensions of those trays? 

I've scoured the internet looking for the product, but without a brand name it's very hard to find, and they may not even be available anymore. Alternatively, if anyone has the measurements of the cabinet(s), it would be much appreciated!

We're trying to get as much figured out before we receive the trailer, but obviously some stuff will have to wait until our 400 is sitting in the driveway.

Thanks for any help!
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Hvtymwiltravel Here’s a question for you, see above. @b407driver- placing an @ sign before the username can call out to the member. Welcome to the forum!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @b407driver, go to Amazon and do a search for Storage works, or cloth trapezoid storage bins.  Closetmaid and Songmics has some, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @b407driver, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the impending arrival. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jgram2 said:
    @Hvtymwiltravel Here’s a question for you, see above. @b407driver- placing an @ sign before the username can call out to the member. Welcome to the forum!
    That's actually what I tried to do, but somehow it disappeared... lol
  • Options
    @b407driver, go to Amazon and do a search for Storage works, or cloth trapezoid storage bins.  Closetmaid and Songmics has some, too.
    Thanks for the suggestion, and I pretty much found most of those, and most of them appear to be no shorter than 8" in height. From the pic in this thread, it sure looks like they are more like 5-6" in height, and I question whether (2) 8"-high boxes would fit in the cabinet with the wire shelf?

If anyone knows the dimensions of that storage area (where the microwave would otherwise be), that could give some insight.

Thanks!

-Jeff
  • Options
    @b407driver, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the impending arrival. 
    Thanks so much, we are super-excited!
  • Options
    This looks like it might work:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFB3KHD/?coliid=IHQF75LPH00WP&colid=DRKB2AD73AHV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If anyone has the dimensions of the storage cabinet, that would be super-helpful, though I know most trailers aren't sitting in driveways this time of year.

Cheers for all the help!