Options

TaG AC Question

Zurdo5150Zurdo5150 Member Posts: 24
I just got my brand new '17 T@G a few weeks ago. This week was the first its been hot enough to use the AC. I would think the AC would chill that little space like a meat locker but I had to run it with the thermo almost wide open to feel any significant change in temp inside. The exhaust fan for it does make noise like its running but the airflow coming out of the outside vents is kind of weak.
Is this normal or do I have an issue?

Thanks!

BA
2017 Silver/Black T@G XL MAX

Comments

• Options
    So, I'm doing a little reading of past posts and it sounds like it might be just how it is by design. Although, my trailer was in the shade most of the day and the temp is in the lower 80s so I would think it could hang.
    Followup question. The vent fan for the fridge, is that automatic or do I need to turn it on?
    Although I keep it set right at 32, the fridge has been 36 most of the last few days too. 
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    Hi, Z  I don't have a T@G  ...but I think that vent fan sw. is for the a/c  not your 12v frig ...  turn it on and ck. it out ... the T@B units have a fan that has to be on when running the a/c..   welcome to the nucamp family.& Happy Campin!!!
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Thanks Manny!
    It does have a seperate vent in the well where the fridge slides into. I just assumed that had some sort of fan in it as I can't see how it would add any venting otherwise.
    I do run the AC vent fan with the AC but it doesn't seem to move very much air when I put my hand under the exterior vents.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2017
    In regards to AC in general they say it is best to start the cooling process early.  If it's going to be hot during the day it's best to flip the AC on early in the morning and let it do it's thing all day long.  Heat impacts air conditioning units differently and I've been told that AC units should be started early to run more efficiently/effectively.  I ran my Silver Shadow AC unit in extreme conditions out n the Black Hills without any problems and the interior of the trailer was nice and cool.  And inasmuch as the small assist fan (make sure to flip the black switch!) is missed by many, it does make a difference in moving hot air out of the plenum area and allowing the unit to perform more efficiently.  

One thing that does help and worked for me was to crack the Fantastic vent just enough to create some air flow and movement within the trailer.  That might help out in your case too as otherwise the unit is expelling the hot air through the coils and actually sucking some of it back in through the AC unit.  There has been considerable discussion here on the forum and if you search further there are some pretty good suggestions/innovations that others have tried and used successfully to allow the AC unit to perform more efficiently (e.g., our resident inventor/innovator/expert Pop-T@B, etc.).
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ