Options

New Member...Anxiously awaiting my new T@b

JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
VERY excited to have found the Nucamp T@B trailers.  Believe my timing is good in order to get a 2018 (really like some of the new features, such as outdoor shower).  A bit of cart before the horse; however, ordered the side tent (which was a huge selling point to have the attached tent) and shopping for a cover.  With any luck picking up my T@B next Saturday. Will use it for weekend type trips for about a year...then taking a year or so away from corporate America to go exploring... cannot imagine a better setup to do it in.  Small and simple to tow (compared to other trailers) I'm assuming and has all the essentials...in a tiny package.

Appreciate the efforts members have put in with the various posts.  Already have a list of mods I'd like to do!!!

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats and welcome!! Time to plan some camping trips :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I'm also eagerly waiting to pick up a T@b.  I finally get mine on Thursday. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    My wife is from Canada and was leaning toward the ProLites that are build there....very light weight (as i'm pulling with a 2017 Outback, options are limited that are under weight).  Convinced her the T@B was the one.  Don't think she'll be sorry!
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    Welcome!  What part of the world do you call home?  If you are ever in our neck of the woods we will either join you at a campsite, meet you for breakfast, or I know @ericnliz will fire up the BBQ... 
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome to rkj  and Jannon too! :) Cheers for happy campers!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Congratulations and welcome @rkj__ and @Jannon. Wishing you many good times and happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome @rkj__ , & @Jannon ! Yep, will fire up the BBQ! @2Cougs, You DO know that I take the Pit Barrel camping too, right? Figure I shouldn't limit myself just to My back yard. Funny part is when I take it campin', I always get the "What's that thing do?"  =). Reply...."you'll see, or probably smell first". ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Received some unexpected good news. Ordered my side tent from teardrop site and expected 8 weeks ish to receive...its shopping today as they happened to have it in stock.  Wahoo!  Now I just need the trailer :-)

Very exciting!
  • Options
    @Jannon, If I may..go to the listings under 'User Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources', and watch the video for setting up the tent. Good basic info.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I appreciate that. I did see the video and its most helpful. Spent the past few weeks consuming any information in video around the T@Bs that I can. Such a cool product very passionate owners 
  • Options
    @Jannon,  Best advise I EVER got here was to driveway camp, or set up in your yard BEFORE setting out on an adventure! Play with every button, knob, and switch you can find. Plug in, fill up the water, run the pump, flush the toilet, ha, even take a shower! The more familiar you get with things, the more comfortable you'll be when you go on your first adventure. Most importantly, if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask! Have fun & enjoy!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Welcome and congratulations @Jannon and @rkj__! Two suggestions that helped me a lot were to use the Amazon wish list to tag things that others have found useful. You don't have to buy it, but just try to find it online again, especially when there is the forum (100 pages), and at least three FB groups! Same thing for the Bookmarks 'star' on these posts. I also keep a small notepad and pen handy in the T@b to write down things I wish I'd brought. I never remember them by the time I am home, so this helps! 

@Jannon I received the XL visor a few months before we brought L@dybug home. You might want to check out Walmart for trailer covers. I've read that they are around $99. 

And, yes, if you are ever coming close to Eastern Washington let us know. This group doesn't need much coaxing to meet for a dinner! I can also vouch for Grill M@ster Eric's BBQ skills! 

Congrats to both of you. Enjoy the journey!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Very cool!  Thanks... I actually jut moved from Portland (Love the Pacific NW).  

And I'm envious of the BBQ skills!