Options

Another Newbie

TedandJanTedandJan Member Posts: 4
Thank you for letting us join. So far I have learned a lot just by browsing through the posts. We have just purchased a 2015 Tab S after downsizing from a larger trailer. Haven't been out yet because of the recall on the fridge. (found out a few days after our purchase) Getting it fixed now. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will be able to take a short trip. We are located just south of Houston, Texas so it has been pretty hot.
Ted and Jan Pasadena, Texas  2015 Tab S towed by 2007 Toyota Tundra

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome aboard! Don't feel like the Lone T@BBERs with the heat wave! We're gettin' it up here too! Get out & enjoy your new toy when you get it back! Full hook-ups for the A/C works well in the heat!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Welcome @TedandJan! I know another couple who downsized two years ago from a 39' to a Sofitel. As she says, the only difference between the two is that T@b doesn't have a fireplace. All the other amenities are there! Enjoy, and we look forward to pics and stories.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!! Well, I have seen a T@B with a fireplace, but obviously not factory installed LOL.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    Welcome!  Glad you have joined the f@mily! 
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @Ratkity, really, a fireplace? What, How, Where, and most of all......why? Kinda makes about as much sense as a composting toilet in a T@B. Again...why????? I'll just leave that one to differences in opinions. :pensive:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ericnliz said:
    @Ratkity, really, a fireplace? What, How, Where, and most of all......why? Kinda makes about as much sense as a composting toilet in a T@B. Again...why????? I'll just leave that one to differences in opinions. :pensive:
    It wasn't my mod! I swear! The fire was only temporary and my pan-fried toast was a little, um, toasty. 

I saw the mod in a search. It could've been photoshopped. Who knows these days?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @ericnliz the owner removed the DS bench seat and couch half, added a small electric fireplace in the corner under the AC, had the PS set up as a twin with adjustable back( before we had ever seen the split rear seat. He made his I think.) and I cant remember what he did with the rest of the DS towards the back. Seating maybe? He posted before, during and after pics. Anyway it was cool looking!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
     @skwee,  there's an app for that!  :fearful::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey @ericnliz don't harrass @skwhee about this! I use it when I run a full scan to keep my 'puter from falling asleep, and my brother in So.Cal. uses it on his humongous screen TV at Christmas for the "ambience!"  =)
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @homebodyatheart
    @ericnliz
    We appreciate the humor! And the irony. Much prefer a flickering screen to a rig big enough for a fireplace. Love our T@B!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Here it is, the fireplace!  This skilled craftsman gutted his T@B and created the custom living environment he wanted........complete with fireplace. Go to 5:00 to see him fire it up. 
    https://youtu.be/lis10UTfXBM
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    @skwhee, I, also would much prefer the flickering screen! :)
    Spokane, Wa.