Options

2017 CS-S max Table/Bed

FoxedwardsFoxedwards Member Posts: 13
First, newbie disclosure.  Very basic question: in our 2017 CS-S Max,  must I take the dining table OUT to install bed slates and have one uninterrupted queening size bed?  Alternative seems to be raising it and having it hang over us.  Anywhere this type of info discussed.  Manuals seem to deal with the myriad of electronics ...

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Yes, you need to remove the table to make up the bed.  You sleep wheel to wheel, so no room to leave the table up.  We have an outside table mount, so it is placed outside covered by the tent.  The CS model beds are closer to the size of a double bed, not a queen.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks Sam. Guess I'll also need to get either the large awning or the tent.  Wish the table leg/stand at least came off the table top easily for storage.
  • Options
    Follow up ... while I appear to be a complete idiot, it is just that I have too much going on to focus much on getting this rig on the road!  In other words, yes, I figured out that the table easily comes apart for storage!  What size sheets do you use on this bed? Gulls were a littl tight, but they are what I have.  Back to feeding the chickens an weeding ...
  • Options
    Fulls are a little tight ... love spell check and big fingers on an iphone keypad!
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    We have a CS-S and I find queens work best.  Both the T@b and queen size bed are 58.5 inches wide... The difference is in the length.  I have made a dedicated fitted sheet for the tab that I have sewn elastic on each corner diagonally so it doesn't come undone.  You can also buy what I refer to as sheet garter clips that do the same thing.  Good luck.  Once you try a few things you will find what works best for you.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    I do not struggle with trying to fit sheets over the cushions.  I trimmed the edges of a heavy mattress pad and made a duvet using bed sheets with the mattress pad sandwich between the 2 sheets.  I just roll it out and it makes a nice nest.  We cover with a duvet also.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
  • Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    After a cold night in Yellowstone during May 2016 we gave up on sheets and blankets and bought two old style canvass type sleeping bags, zipped them together, and just roll them up against back wall of trailer with ends on cushions, and center of roll supported by one of bed slats. 
    Kim and Mary Kay
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited