Options

Backup Camera on CS Model

I've read tons of posts on here about people installing a backup camera on their non-clamshell model T@Bs. But I have a CS, so need a different solution. I want to use the "backup" camera always on, to help me safely change lanes as well as backing into a campsite. So obviously the placement of the camera is important. Otherwise, I'm just looking mostly at ground in my video monitor. 

I have a 2015, so the license plate sits really low - making the plate itself hang partially off the bumper. I've never liked this. But I see now with the 2018s, NuCamp is putting the license plates a little higher, on the actually clamshell hatch. Does anyone have this model and if so, can you tell me if there is power to that plate holder? In other words, is there a light that illuminates the plate? 

If so, do you think this would be a modification I could NuCamp to do for me? This might actually solve the backup camera / always on rear-view camera problem. That plate holder might actually be high enough that with the right camera, allow me to have a pretty good view of what's behind me and slightly to the sides of me.

What are your thoughts?

Comments