Options

No Battery Power! I'm on a trip.

Hi, I just set up, and thankfully I have shore power, BUT, I discovered I don't have any 12 volt power coming in from the battery.  I don't need it for this trip, but if I can't fix it I've got to plan ahead to drop the camper off for service on my way home.  I've checked the connections, and the fuse on the battery, I checked the circuit breakers, I checked the 20,30,40 amp fuses in the breaker box.  What else can I check?  My dad is coming to meet me to see if he can fix it, but I know the forum is the best place for advice.  If the inverter/converter was bad, that would affect my 110 power and not the 12 volt right?  Are there any tips on what to try to at least try to isolate the problem.  I still need to check the 10 amp fuses.  Any help is greatly appreciated. I will check back in a couple of hours.

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Silly question...do you know the battery's not dead (by voltage or meter)?  If you connect to your tow vehicle...still no power?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    When plugged into shore power, do your lights, ceiling fan, and other 12V devices work?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Battery disconnect switch off?
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!! Im super embarrased to admit that I just didnt have the connections tightened down!!!!  How the heck did I miss that!!! My dad arrived and very first thing he checked.  I was so embarassed!!
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Here's  where we're thankful for having living parents!  I am.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    This is part of methodical search for a problem.  Start with easy and obvious and then go deaper and deaper, but step by step.  In your case, battery and every thing around and then go to fuses and so on.

but still, that was an easy fix!  Thank you dad, I o you one!  ;)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC