Options

what to look for on used purchase

i have an opportunity to buy a 2010 T@B. it has been stored inside since being purchased and not used (or very  minimally). What concerns would you suggest I have and what "inspections" should be performed

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Sounds like it is a good find because it has been stored inside and protected from the weather.

Start at the top and run a water test across the roof, make sure there are no obvious leaks.  Push on the walls (not too hard) and make sure there is minimal give.  Push on the floors, especially around the entry, looking for any excessive give as well.

Run water through it and look for leaks, as well as put some water in fresh tank and check the water pump.

Make sure all the systems work, refrigerator, stove, sink, and any extras.

Don't worry too much about the tires, just make sure they can get you home, if you purchase this unit you will be replacing the tires at that age anyway.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    aquamousaquamous Member Posts: 6
    thanks for the response and suggestions
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @aquamous, I don't know if you read this post by @FishDoctor, but their list might be a good one for you to use in checking out a used T@B too, not just a new T@B. At least you could glean some ideas!
    FishDoctorFishDoctor  Posts: 2Member
    By the way, I thought I would provide a copy of the list we developed for our walk-through with the dealer when we picked up our T@B. Many of the items were gleaned from discussions on this site. I thought other prospective T@bbers might find it useful... 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    aquamousaquamous Member Posts: 6
    looks like an excellent tool. I saved it. Thanks