Options

New VR and T@B user from Montreal

ClopidogrelClopidogrel Member Posts: 33
We buy our T@B (Max clamshell) last year at the end of the season. So we just used it 3 times last year, and so far, 3 times this year. 

Everything is new to us. First RV, first T@B. I didn't figure it at first sight, but there is a long learning curve for a VR.
First morning was a desaster. Gaz tank valve was stuck so the anticipation of my first coffee in my brand new T@B was a deception.
We are going to our first long ride in Nova-Scotia next week, so next weekend will be a test everything weekend. 

We now found that we owne too much thing in the house now. 

I'm glad I found this forum who is a fantastic source of information.

Maybe we will see some of you somewhere outside.

Comments

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    Welcome to the Forum. If you make it to Newfoundland, we are T@b owners since Aug 2015  (from Groupe Alliance in Montreal!), so be sure to be in touch. The T@b experience is one learned by...experience. And this Forum! 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Welcome @Clopidogrel! Do you have time to "camp out" in your driveway before you take off next week? That has been helpful to many of us to learn the systems better while close to home. As I'd never owned an RV before, I spent months online researching everything I thought I'd need to know before our 2017 MaxS came this spring. While the book knowledge was helpful, the hands on knowledge had it's own learning curve! And this forum has been an invaluable resource for information and new found friends! Funny you mention seeing the inside of your home differently. I've noticed that, too, and have been boxing up donations, or blessing boxes as we call them. It feels good! I look forward to stories and pics if you can. Enjoy your journey!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Dereco I buy it from Groupe alliance too! What is the cost of the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland with your T@B?

@Homebodyatheart Next weekend will be a 3 days camping trip to test everything. Including the tiny, tiny shower. My girlfriend and I try to put 10 thing in the trash every week now
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Welcome!

I agree, there is a ton to learn, and I have found reading this forum has been very helpful. 

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Clopidogrel, welcome! Many people do a "shake down" trip or two at the beginning of the season so there are no surprises when you go on a long, planned trip - even if it's in a driveway. I do it with my little sister in her own camper in a park up the road. 

Much luck to you and happy camping! There is much to learn and after over 20+ years of camping with tiny trailer, I have learned so much HERE that was unexpected. The people here are knowledgable and so friendly and helpful. I'm glad you found us.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Dereco I buy it from Groupe alliance too! What is the cost of the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland with your T@B?
    The ferry rates are online here.  These are superferries, and are among the largest - if not largest - operating in North America.  There are two routes from Nova Scotia to NL in summer, a shorter route to Port-aux-Basques, and a longer route to Argentia.  

Incidentally, I shipped my trailer to St. John's, NL from Montreal via Oceanex, a larger container ship company. That was much more cost effective and time saving vs driving to Montreal and towing it back (a great trip if I had had time, but the wrong time of year for me).  

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
     Hello @Clopidogrel

T@G owner here from les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois.  This forum is a good place to learn and to share.

we will be heading to Nova-Scotia and Cape Breton Island as well, but only in september.

@Dereco, we will be heading your way in probably 3 year, arriving from the north and exiting thrue the south.  :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    All visitors to Newfoundland welcome! Look forward to seeing you!
  • Options
    @Luckyj   My first road trip in RV, first trip to Nova-Scotia. Best trip I ever made. We were suppose to stay there 11 days, we decide to add 3 days. After 14 days, i was looking at the ferry schedule (rimouski -- St-simeon), but my boss didn't agree!
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    @Luckyj   My first road trip in RV, first trip to Nova-Scotia. Best trip I ever made. We were suppose to stay there 11 days, we decide to add 3 days. After 14 days, i was looking at the ferry schedule (rimouski -- St-simeon), but my boss didn't agree!
    To bad, since we technicaly never get to much of a good thing!

9 days from departure for NS and Cap Breton.  I need a vacation! :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC