Options

Roof weatherstripping

KTOTKTOT Member Posts: 35
A simple (I believe) question. My new T@b S Max Outback has loose weatherstripping along the roof on the front of the camper, on both sides. It's the stripping that goes from the front, over the roof, to the back, on each side (door side, other side). On one side it's pulled away nearly six inches or so, with also a gap further up on the roof, and the other side is pulled away only a few inches. Being a new RV, I expect my dealer to fix or replace this under warranty but I'm having a terrible time getting them to respond to me on this. My question is should the weatherstripping be totally replaced (by Nucamp, under warranty) or just glued down, and if glued, with what type of glue? Since it came loose almost immediately, I believe it was not installed correctly at the factor.

Comments

• Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    Mine is the same way... interested on the suggestions
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Shoe Goo, found at Walmart in the shoe department on an end aisle, has been used for years for this purpose. Put some about every 6" and the rubber trim will stay in place. 

While it would ge be nice for the dealer to perform this work under warranty, the rubber trim will continue to loosen. I, for one, would take care of it myself, rather than have the entire piece be blown off by the wind. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Shoe Goo goes by many names. They all end in the word Goo, but it is all the same stiff. There's one called RV Goo.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
    I used this stuff to fix loose roof weatherstripping on my T@B. Got it at Home Depot, but it is easy to find in other places.

I just pulled the loose weatherstripping away from the groove under the trim, smeared a little of this stuff onto the metal surface in the area of the loose weatherstripping and then used a plastic trim tool to push the edge of the weatherstripping back into the groove under the trim. Everything seems solidly attached now, but I could probably pull it back up if I really wanted to. Cheap and quick fix.
    Downers Grove, IL
    2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
    States Visited Map