Options

Water draining beneath my trailer

2»

Comments

• Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    @ericnliz and @Michigan_Mike  I really appreciate your help. I have regretted not purchasing a new T@B since the beginning.  I haven't even been out in it yet!!!!!.  I have learned a lot and that is invaluable.  I was going to get a 400 from Hadacy and thought I was being wise and frugal getting this used T@B instead to try first.   Only had to drive to Madison from MN instead of Columbus.  Then my colitis started and I wondered if I should even keep the T@B I had.    So I will head out this fall and make the decision to upgrade next year.  Thanks all!
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    TTTab said:
    @ericnliz and @Michigan_Mike  I really appreciate your help. I have regretted not purchasing a new T@B since the beginning.  I haven't even been out in it yet!!!!!.  I have learned a lot and that is invaluable.  I was going to get a 400 from Hadacy and thought I was being wise and frugal getting this used T@B instead to try first.   Only had to drive to Madison from MN instead of Columbus.  Then my colitis started and I wondered if I should even keep the T@B I had.    So I will head out this fall and make the decision to upgrade next year.  Thanks all!
    Glad we were able to help you out!  Life really does throw up roadblocks and challenges for all of us, but it looks like you will probably be fine as every time you take the trailer out, or ask a question and find a solution it's another rung up the ladder of knowledge.  If you really want the 11 gallon FW tank I'm sure they could easily retrofit one on to your trailer, but am guessing it'd probably cost a pretty penny.  

Best of luck to you!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    @TTTab - Hang in there!  Ours was used too.  Sometimes it is just the learning curve.  I have finally started making my own personal owners manual about things specific to our year and model (and pics I take of our T@b as there seems to be mid year changes sometimes).  Looking forward to seeing you at Ft. Worden!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @2Cougs, Fantastic idea about making your own personal owners manual!!! :bow: Seems every trailer seems to have it's own little quirks that deviate from the norm. I've just chosen to think of it as T@B personality!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I obviously need a jerry jug for more water. 5 gallons is not enough.  How long should it take to 80 W Zamp panel to charge the battery?  Mine is new but it seems as though I am not getting anywhere with charging.  And I have no way to charge from ac
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TTTab, patience. Depending on the sun, the amount of shading, whether you are moving the panels with the sun, how low your battery voltage was. There are far too many variables to be able to give a exact answer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TTTab, Might want to look in to a collapsible 5 gallon water jug. I have 2 & use them for both filling my fresh water tank, & for handy outside use by my outdoor kitchen.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Twojgrams, @Michigan_Mike I love the pump!  Worth every penny.  What seemed like an insurmountable task is now a breeze!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2017
    TTTab said:
    I obviously need a jerry jug for more water. 5 gallons is not enough.  How long should it take to 80 W Zamp panel to charge the battery?  Mine is new but it seems as though I am not getting anywhere with charging.  And I have no way to charge from ac
    If you were in a very southern or western location in sunny skies you might benefit the most.  I did have an 80 W Zamp panel and it served me well for the smaller trailers I owned (4 & 5 wide LG and Silver Shadow), but I knew that it was probably a stretch for the 320 T@B so I sold it and upgraded to a 200 W Zamp.  What you might want to consider is upgrading your battery set-up and buy two 6-volt batteries or something larger.  I would also recommend a larger solar panel 120 W > at least for a more efficient/quicker charge rate.  

I agree with Verna too that there are a lot of variables here, but the stock battery in the trailer would be hard to keep fully charged and with the expectation of keeping pace with the water pump, Alde system, TV/DVD combo, fantastic fan and other electrical components within the trailer.  I know that there are others who use the 80 W Zamp for the T@B's and like them (I liked mine too!), but experience will dictate that you find another supplemental alternative for your current problem.  I use a CPAP unit and have experienced a dead battery in a remote area and that episode down in Big Bend NP forced my hand and I purchased two Interstate 6-volt batteries at the Interstate distributor in El Paso and haven't missed a beat since!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Will the 2 6 v fit in the standard tub?  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TTTab, yes, there are those who have put two 6V Golf Cart batteries in the original tub. @cbarnhill comes to mind as one of those people. Do a search for dual batteries or dual 6V batteries and you'll find lots of info. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @TTTab I think maybe I first learned of that pump from @Verna, but it could have been another member. I actually said to DH on Saturday when we were getting ready to go, you know I think I'll just drain it again and refill with that pump. (Just because it was fun). DH shakes his head and walks away. It's been  so long, he's forgotten what a cheap date I was.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
     :) I understand!!!