Options

Hello from Texas Hill Country

mikencarolmikencarol Member Posts: 8
First post.  Saw an ad for the T@B 400 a month ago and it looked like a nice trailer. Compact yet full featured. I came here to learn what I could and enjoyed the forum. Seems like a nice group of folks. We've stopped in at a couple of dealers while on the road but quickly learned they don't sit on the showroom floor long!  
Mike
Oliver Legacy Elite II  -  Ram 1500 5.7  -  Boerne, Texas

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome to the forum Mike!   Have loved traveling through Texas and exploring the places inbetween.  I guess my special or sweet spots are Big Bend, the state parks (e.g., Palmetto, South Llano River, Davis Mountains, etc.) and the spectacular scenery in many of these areas.  Loved the Texas bluebells too!   And agree, those 400's are pretty hot right now and I'd love to have one too and hopefully will one day in the future!   We are here to help out with questions and also know that the search box above will yield some valuable information too with a 2-3 word search string....  Keep us posted on how the trailer quest goes too!

Have a great weekend!   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, Mike. Big Bend is one of our favorites too. Just returned from Davis Mountains State Park.  Heading to Colorado all of next month, will stop at any dealers on the way!  Mike

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2017
    Have fun on your trip as I love Colorado too!   There is a dealer in Colorado Springs and he let me park my T@B there when I attended the wedding of my future daughter in law.  Sun City Trailers, nice people and a great guy!  If you stop in tell them Michigan Mike said hello!  He may not remember me, but should remember the story as they stored my trailer inside the facility and moved it just outside the gate so I could pick it up after hours....  Nice folks there and very accommodating!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Hi neighbor!  Welcome to the forum and hope you find just the right T@B.
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! I love Big Bend. I went there when I was doing a post-doc in Kerrville, TX. My friend and I went to the Big Thicket and Dinosaur State Park too. Great places.

We camped somewhere in Texarcana (sp) too. I think we might have hit 2/3 of the parks eastward of Austin. This was in an old Coleman Williamsburg popup in the early 90's. So much to see in the great state of TX! I heard even Kerrville has a KOA now. When I lived there, I went to the Fredericksburg KOA for shake-down trips.

I think my top three are Big Bend>Dinosaur State Park>Big Thicket.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Have fun on your trip as I love Colorado too!   There is a dealer in Colorado Springs and he let me park my T@B there when I attended the wedding of my future daughter in law.  Sun City Trailers, nice people and a great guy!  If you stop in tell them Michigan Mike said hello!  He may not remember me, but should remember the story as they stored my trailer inside the facility and moved it just outside the gate so I could pick it up after hours....  Nice folks there and very accommodating!  
    Our first stop in Colorado will be the Air Force Academy for 5 days. I had put Sun City on my calendar one of the days we're there. I will tell them you said hello!

• Options
    foxden said:
    Hi neighbor!  Welcome to the forum and hope you find just the right T@B.
    Howdy neighbor - we were in Fredericksburg last weekend on a routine visit to Becker Vineyards!

• Options

Ratkity said:
    Welcome!! I love Big Bend. I went there when I was doing a post-doc in Kerrville, TX. My friend and I went to the Big Thicket and Dinosaur State Park too. Great places.

We camped somewhere in Texarcana (sp) too. I think we might have hit 2/3 of the parks eastward of Austin. This was in an old Coleman Williamsburg popup in the early 90's. So much to see in the great state of TX! I heard even Kerrville has a KOA now. When I lived there, I went to the Fredericksburg KOA for shake-down trips.

I think my top three are Big Bend>Dinosaur State Park>Big Thicket.
    We visit Kerrville and Fredericksburg often. Some nice campgrounds in both!